Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GigWIMB. We got in free to The Libertines in Margate last night. The sound quality

GigWIMB. We got in free to The Libertines in Margate last night. The sound quality

was atrocious.

Really, really bad. Worse than when my crossover blew up and I had the mids and tops as well as the bass coming out of the 18" bass scoops.

Is this usual?

Why don't they have a rack of amps and set of speakers for each separate instrument and mic? It just sounded like the whole sound was coming out of all the speakers.

Nice vibe. But woeful sound quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    was atrocious.

Really, really bad. Worse than when my crossover blew up and I had the mids and tops as well as the bass coming out of the 18" bass scoops.

Is this usual?

Why don't they have a rack of amps and set of speakers for each separate instrument and mic? It just sounded like the whole sound was coming out of all the speakers.

Does thon junkie fella still front them, g?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    was atrocious.

Is this usual?

Course. All the instruments will have their own amplification - this is all fed into the PA system which should be managed by the Sound Engineer.

If the system aint great, this is where definition could be lost. That and the venue acoustics not being great.

Or indeed it could simply be because, Libertines.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Does thon junkie fella still front them, g?
    Yup.

Matey who got us in free has a company that provides local road crew. Apparently, this was meant to be the dry tour. The other three managed it (even though they were only doing it for thon junkie fella.) But apparently, the junkie kept slipping off the wagon.

After the gig in Oxford, they slept in the tour bus so they didn't come into London that night. But when the bus drove into London the next morning, he jumped out at the first tube stop and legged it to the dealers.

When he went missing before one gig, the tour manager had to trawl social media until he found a post saying "Wow, smoking crack with Pete Doherty." The manager chappie had to work out the location, and then drive up to Leeds with a heavy armed with a baseball bat and drag him out of the crack house.

Apparently they get through tour managers at an alarming rate.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Course. All the instruments will have their own amplification - this is all fed into the PA system which should be managed by the Sound Engineer.

If the system aint great, this is where definition could be lost. That and the venue acoustics not being great.

Or indeed it could simply be because, Libertines.
    This is what I'm trying to work out.

I only really know about tekno sound systems. But I'm sure when I've heard bands at festivals and the like I never thought the sound was shît.

I would have set each instrument/mic to their own set of amps and speakers. But this sounded like all the sound was coming out of all the speakers.

Maybe it's just Margate? Everyone seemed to love it, though. I was just disappointed as I rather like their guitar sound on the records, but you couldn't hear it at all.

This is what I'm trying to work out.

I only really know about tekno sound systems. But I'm sure when I've heard bands at festivals and the like I never thought the sound was shît.

I would have set each instrument/mic to their own set of amps and speakers. But this sounded like all the sound was coming out of all the speakers.

Maybe it's just Margate? Everyone seemed to love it, though. I was just disappointed as I rather like their guitar sound on the records, but you couldn't hear it at all.
    perhaps the sound engineer should read this...
    https://www.soundonsound.com/techniq...rays-explained
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Yup.

Matey who got us in free has a company that provides local road crew. Apparently, this was meant to be the dry tour. The other three managed it (even though they were only doing it for thon junkie fella.) But apparently, the junkie kept slipping off the wagon.

After the gig in Oxford, they slept in the tour bus so they didn't come into London that night. But when the bus drove into London the next morning, he jumped out at the first tube stop and legged it to the dealers.

When he went missing before one gig, the tour manager had to trawl social media until he found a post saying "Wow, smoking crack with Pete Doherty." The manager chappie had to work out the location, and then drive up to Leeds with a heavy armed with a baseball bat and drag him out of the crack house.

Apparently they get through tour managers at an alarming rate.
    The problem with some people isn't the drugs. The problem is the outright solipsism that leads them to suppose that they're more important than anyone else.

****s.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    perhaps the sound engineer should read this...
    https://www.soundonsound.com/techniq...rays-explained
    I had a look. Wish he had.

Seems the venue is the problem:

"The sound quality in here is not world class by a long way"

"Went to see the drifters on 5/9/19 the sound quality was awful, changed our seats to see if there was Any improvement, bad enough to leave before the interval."

Maybe I should ask for a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The problem with some people isn't the drugs. The problem is the outright solipsism that leads them to suppose that they're more important than anyone else.

****s.
    Yeah, but Samuel Taylor Coleridge got given a fully formed perfect poem by Parvati that was then lost because the Person from Porlock when he was opiated off his tîts.

And Jane Austen never got clean either.

So as you say, it's not the drugs per se. Though I do like the fact that British junkies make better music than Septic wons.

They should have drug taking in the Olympics. I'd have won us gold in the late '90s for K. I beat a mate in the 50cm sprint. He was leading, but I had a pit-stop half way through and changed nostril. Stormed into the lead. Then fell down the stairs in the top of Whispering Bob Harris's ex's home in Barnes.

Did you ever have races in your snorting sporting days?

Not races per se, but I did once snort a scale model of the M25, including the Dartford Bridge, in one breath. More than half a gram, I recall, which really should have hospitalised me.

I was around that period that I had an extremely embarrassing visit to the dentist when he kept injecting more and more novocaine into my gum and couldn't understand why it wasn't working. In the end I had to own up to the fact that I 'probably have quite a high tolerance to novocaine, if you see what I mean.'

He actually found it quite amusing.

My God I used to do some heroic quantities.