Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyway, I can't get excited about football. My joy over the election is too fresh.

Anyway, I can't get excited about football. My joy over the election is too fresh.

The Labour Party could be tremendous viewing for the next few months.

I'm increasingly convinced they're going to make a woman leader - regardless of suitability. That raises the prospect of either Rebecca Long-Bailey and her wandering eyebrows or horse-faced, foghorn brummie media whore Jess Phillips becoming Leader of Her Majesty's Opposition.

Either would be a total fúcking disaster. Marvellous.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I'm increasingly convinced they're going to make a woman leader - regardless of suitability. That raises the prospect of either Rebecca Long-Bailey and her wandering eyebrows or horse-faced, foghorn brummie media whore Jess Phillips becoming Leader of Her Majesty's Opposition.

Rebecca Long-Bailey gives me the creeps!

It's 5 years to the next election. Labour might get their act to gether in 4 years time?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Rebecca Long-Bailey gives me the creeps!

It's 5 years to the next election. Labour might get their act to gether in 4 years time?
    How are they going to do that with the membership - whose votes are the only thing that matter in a leadership contest, remember - still controlled by the far left?

#allinforabbott. I'm going to enjoy spending this 3 quid.

Phillips would hurt Johnson. I wouldn’t dismiss her, c*nt that she is.

And she’d be one of the few to be able to credibly distance herself from Corbynism, having consistently criticised him and his faction over the years.

Lisa Nandy is probably the next strongest contender, but looks distinctly syndromic.

Am I right in saying Corbyn has to do PMQs tomorrow?

Boris is gonna be all magnanimous and go easy on him, isn’t he

How are they going to do that with the membership - whose votes are the only thing that matter in a leadership contest, remember - still controlled by the far left?

Right now, they won't. It will take them years. I'm more hopeful than expectant that it will happen before the next election. I'm saying that as someone that wants to see an opposition actually opposing and offering an alternative.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Phillips would hurt Johnson. I wouldn’t dismiss her, c*nt that she is.

And she’d be one of the few to be able to credibly distance herself from Corbynism, having consistently criticised him and his faction over the years.

Lisa Nandy is probably the next strongest contender, but looks distinctly syndromic.

Am I right in saying Corbyn has to do PMQs tomorrow?

Boris is gonna be all magnanimous and go easy on him, isn’t he
    Phillips is an intellectual and political lightweight who's never had to hold a portfolio and would get torn apart in the rough and tumble of front bench politics. She'd quickly be revealed for the opportunist publicity seeker she is. She's never been exposed to any actual scrutiny and her easy ride in the media would quickly come to an end.
    I'd actually quite enjoy watching her destroyed by being given the poison chalice of the leadership.

Sadly, it probably won't happen. The membership and the PLP fúcking hate her. She's very popular among left-wing tories, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    #allinforabbott. I'm going to enjoy spending this 3 quid.
    Abbott is too much to hope for. Comedically-speaking, the best candidate would be Burgon.

Phillips is an intellectual and political lightweight who's never had to hold a portfolio and would get torn apart in the rough and tumble of front bench politics. She'd quickly be revealed for the opportunist publicity seeker she is. She's never been exposed to any actual scrutiny and her easy ride in the media would quickly come to an end.
    I'd actually quite enjoy watching her destroyed by being given the poison chalice of the leadership.

Sadly, it probably won't happen. The membership and the PLP fúcking hate her. She's very popular among left-wing tories, but that's about it.
    I'm more interested in the internal fighting than who leads them. Watching Lavery and McDonnell argue that their platform was popular and that Brexit was the only issue filled me with joy.

As long as the unions continue their hold over the party there will be a huge fight between the militant left and the left centrists who want to go back to the Blair days. It could get very, very ugly indeed. #rubshands

Abbott is too much to hope for. Comedically-speaking, the best candidate would be Burgon.
    Know nothing about him but Jorge was on twitter hoping it never happened so I assume he must be really, really bad.