Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: When defrosting wons car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Cars outgrew most garages years ago. I saw a Triumph Herald the other day - a car my dad had when I was a kid (and also a tiny Austin something on the same walk). About half the size of today's 'mini', but would actually fit into a standard metroland single garage, unlike the monsters today.
    Do you know that garages don't count as parking facilities according to planning regs any more? Planners have long acknowledged that no one uses a garage to store a car any more.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    A sandwich bag filled with warm water is the best way
    But that will lead to having a soggy sandwhich

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that? Anyone close?
    Ex BiL. Irish won. Lovely man. Taught me to play football and to drum.

Lifelong navvy and drunk. The classic Irishman in UK scenario in the 70s - would work on the building site all week, collect his wages on Friday afternoon, exchange the whole lot for Guinness and stagger home to piss in the wardrobe. wd Sons of eireann. wd jb.

Everyone loved him, natch. Even my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    They would take 1 long look at you and carry on regardless, your hands have never beaten the daylights out of anyone I'd guess (this sounds like a Blackadder sketch)
    The heaviest thing berni ever lifts is his Daily Telegraph, second only to his own dick. If they attempted to steal his car just as he was fulminating about some rascally left wing mischief reported by said DT, he would confront them with the strength of The Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Ex BiL. Irish won. Lovely man. Taught me to play football and to drum.

Lifelong navvy and drunk. The classic Irishman in UK scenario in the 70s - would work on the building site all week, collect his wages on Friday afternoon, exchange the whole lot for Guinness and stagger home to piss in the wardrobe. wd Sons of eireann. wd jb.

Everyone loved him, natch. Even my sister.
    I'm sorry. Was it the drink that got him?

I'm sorry. Was it the drink that got him?
    Oh I don't suppose it's your fault, b.

The drink, the fags, the general squalor, I suppose. He had various ailments and eventually the pneumonia took him, I think.

When I was a kid we'd go and watch him play drums in Johnny Barrett's band. Now there was a bloke who could sing! Johnny Barrett... I must check if he's on Spotify.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh I don't suppose it's your fault, b.

The drink, the fags, the general squalor, I suppose. He had various ailments and eventually the pneumonia took him, I think.

When I was a kid we'd go and watch him play drums in Johnny Barrett's band. Now there was a bloke who could sing! Johnny Barrett... I must check if he's on Spotify.
    Is the funeral over here or in Ireland?

Is the funeral over here or in Ireland?
    It's here, happily. I'm not sure I'll ever be tempted to schlepp to Ireland for another funeral. Done that far too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Such trivial problems

Even Mr. Bond is defeated. I honestly don't know how you do it Goats
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'