Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fúck me

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fúck me

Labour have descibed a DDoS as a "sophisticated attack" .

"Yesterday afternoon our security systems identified that, in a very short period of time, there were large-scale and sophisticated attacks on Labour Party platforms which had the intention of taking our systems entirely offline.

Dennis help us!

Russians are, no doubt, are to blame.
    Or Meerkans.
    Or Jews.
    Or Tories.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

"Yesterday afternoon our security systems identified that, in a very short period of time, there were large-scale and sophisticated attacks on Labour Party platforms which had the intention of taking our systems entirely offline.

Dennis help us!

Or Meerkans.
    Or Jews.
    Or Tories.
    It's hilarious, isn't it? Imagine thinking a foreign power would go to the trouble of launching a cyber attack to derail Labour's election campaign when it's already utterly hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's hilarious, isn't it? Imagine thinking a foreign power would go to the trouble of launching a cyber attack to derail Labour's election campaign when it's already utterly hopeless.
    Foreign?

First MI6 (via the Integrity Initiative / Institute for Statecraft) and more recently MI5 (via some faith-based twitterbot accounts) have been running smear campaigns against the Labour leader, so I doubt furrins need to be involved.

It's a bit like Langley and the Feebs in the US working against Trump imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Foreign?

First MI6 (via the Integrity Initiative / Institute for Statecraft) and more recently MI5 (via some faith-based twitterbot accounts) have been running smear campaigns against the Labour leader, so I doubt furrins need to be involved.

It's a bit like Langley and the Feebs in the US working against Trump imo.
    Don't be homo

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/1...jeremy-corbyn/

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Nice impartial source there, shallow and one-sided. It doesn't even mention their actual offices in Temple Place (the mill in Fife is just a registered office). They are about much more than a bunch of tweets, they are about a whole network of journalists around Europe (they call them 'clusters') all ready to pipe up simultaneously on the talking-point of the day, to create a narrative. Attacking JC is just one of their jobs.

Nice impartial source there, shallow and one-sided. It doesn't even mention their actual offices in Temple Place (the mill in Fife is just a registered office). They are about much more than a bunch of tweets, they are about a whole network of journalists around Europe (they call them 'clusters') all ready to pipe up simultaneously on the talking-point of the day, to create a narrative. Attacking JC is just one of their jobs.
    The Sunday Mail isn't exactly impartial, tbh.

And these 'smears'...would they by any chance consist of repeating facts about things Corbyn has done and said by any chance?

Not so much smears as biography, in fact.

Oh I know. It only takes about 30 seconds of perusing Twitter for it to become abundantly obvious that the platform is absolutely flooded with fake accounts pushing narratives and generally stoking tensions.

It's all pretty grubby and depressing, of course, but I'm not necessarily convinced that a climate of disinformation is worse than what it replaced which was a climate of limited, parochial information. Was someone really better informed when they read one newspaper pushing one perspective, as was the case in most households pre-Internet?

If nothing else, it seems rather snobbish of you to assume that you're able to wade through the fake news and form balanced opinions, but others aren't, you filthy elitist remainer c*nt
    Last edited by Monty92; 11-12-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Dennis help us!

Or Meerkans.
    Or Jews.
    Or Tories.
    Wait a minute, Labour have computers?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Wait a minute, Labour have computers?
    the one they use to apply for postal votes. Thus ensuring that 130% of the labour voters in Islington North, vote for Jezza.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

the one they use to apply for postal votes. Thus ensuring that 130% of the labour voters in Islington North, vote for Jezza.
    What's even funnier is that they're boasting that they 'defeated' it with their robust security systems.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that if Russia or Israel or GCHQ launched a cyber attack, the Labour Party's IT team probably wouldn't represent much of an obstacle.