Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I read Allegri was actually interviewed for the job

I read Allegri was actually interviewed for the job

whilst I don't know if he would be any better.

When is Mourinho arriving?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

whilst I don't know if he would be any better.

When is Mourinho arriving?
    Said all along we should have gone for Allegri, although also think the 1st manager after AW was going to struggle

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Said all along we should have gone for Allegri, although also think the 1st manager after AW was going to struggle
    Whilst our fanbase can be cunds I think the whole thing can be quite an attractive proposition to this type of manager. Of course we are The Arsenal but we do have some excellent players which makes the current situation very more annoying. If we were completely **** we'd accept it more but we know we can do better.

Never a fan of Jose but he'd probably get the best out of them. United were premature to get rid of him.

We'll probably end up with some other cund in charge. But with our strikeforce we should be killing the lower teams every week.

Whilst our fanbase can be cunds I think the whole thing can be quite an attractive proposition to this type of manager. Of course we are The Arsenal but we do have some excellent players which makes the current situation very more annoying. If we were completely **** we'd accept it more but we know we can do better.

Never a fan of Jose but he'd probably get the best out of them. United were premature to get rid of him.

We'll probably end up with some other cund in charge. But with our strikeforce we should be killing the lower teams every week.
    Jesus wept P, the **** is the destroyer of souls*

*If any of these ****s had won....
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I read that he left Juve because of the stress of being a club manager, not sure if that meant he wasn't interested or we weren't. Article mentioned that he wanted the Italian job but not a club management job.

Given his record, not sure why we wouldn't have been in for him if he was interested.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

The answer isn't, and never will be, Jose fúcking Mourinho.

I have nothing more to add.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Yes but his first question was how much money would he have to spend.

Politely declined and went back to Juve who got him a shiny new Ronaldo.

Luis Enrique was same but he also wanted £15m a season.

Others to be interviewed - Leonardo Jardim, Henry, Artera and Eddie Howe.

Vieira moaned about not receiving an invite and when he got one didn’t show up.

Unai showed up with his dossier and plans for not spending in the first season so he could develop Ozil, Xhaka and Mustafi more.

No money? Available for less than Luis?

It was a very easy choice for Ivan.

I’m told...despite it looking like Allegri played Arsenal to squeeze Juve he was actually extremely interested in us.

Source - Mickey Pearce

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

The answer isn't, and never will be, Jose fúcking Mourinho.

I have nothing more to add.
    He's won everything.

My view is...we missed out on Pep and Klopp.

Yet amazingly...somehow...another top class manager is available.

Let’s not miss out on Allegri. Ffs.

He's won everything.
    His last two jobs in the PL he had very expensive squads that were on the verge of a relegation battle and had the worst start in the club's history. In both cases he had lost the dressing room. The year after he as sacked at Chelsea they won the league. Immediately after he was sacked at Man Utd they went 10 games without losing.

It's hard to imagine a manager who was performed worse than Mourinho has in his last two jobs.