Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: These remain folk are relentless aren’t they? Countless court cases, voting down

These remain folk are relentless aren’t they? Countless court cases, voting down

Down/amending every deal in parliament, passing laws to cause delay after delay. Now faced with an election and staring defeat in the face they want 16-17 year olds and EU citizens to be able to vote. Unreal.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 10-29-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Down/amending every deal in parliament, passing laws to cause delay after delay. Now faced with an election and staring defeat in the face they want 16-17 year olds and EU citizens to be able to vote. Unreal.
    They are f'ing dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I love the idea that Labour are proposing to go into an election in which nationhood is a key issue having tried to add 3.7 million foreigners to the suffrage in an afternoon with little or no scrutiny.

These people have *actually* lost their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I love the idea that Labour are proposing to go into an election in which nationhood is a key issue having tried to add 3.7 million foreigners to the suffrage in an afternoon with little or no scrutiny.

These people have *actually* lost their minds.
    To be fair, that amendment is being put down by Labour MPs who don't want an election because they're worried they'll lose. Corbyn and his front bench will pay lip service to wanting it, but this isn't their fight.

So not so mental really. It's just MPs wanting to keep their jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    To be fair, that amendment is being put down by Labour MPs who don't want an election because they're worried they'll lose. Corbyn and his front bench will pay lip service to wanting it, but this isn't their fight.

So not so mental really. It's just MPs wanting to keep their jobs
    Oh, I understand the logic of it if all you care about is what happens inside the bubble. However, these people purport to be public servants and must surely have at least some consciousness of what shít does like this to public perceptions of Parliament? As things stand, the perception is that they are genuinely prepared to endanger the legitimacy of a general election just to stay in their jobs another couple of years.

Do they actually want to end up dangling from lampposts?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I understand the logic of it if all you care about is what happens inside the bubble. However, these people purport to be public servants and must surely have at least some consciousness of what shít does like this to public perceptions of Parliament? As things stand, the perception is that they are genuinely prepared to endanger the legitimacy of a general election just to stay in their jobs another couple of years.

Do they actually want to end up dangling from lampposts?
    Bear in mind, many of these Labour types are fully on board the woke bandwagon and anything that extends the franchise to kids and foreigners will in their mind carry a moral imperative.

I'm only surprised no-one has suggested allowing people a vote for each gender they identify with in a given week.
    Last edited by Monty92; 10-29-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Minority coalition beckons