Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Items you don't mind purchasing the more expensive brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I will not skimp on toilet paper. cheap toilet paper is rubbish.

Also see crap washing up liquid (Not that I use it)
    Airlines.

Budget airlines can get themselves to fúck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Airlines.

Budget airlines can get themselves to fúck.
    This is more a point of principle than of comfort, practicality or aesthetics, though, isn't it?

After all, flying Aer Lingus to Shannon is just as shít as flying Ryanair to Shannon (as I know from recent experience). The passengers are just as ghastly, the seating just as uncomfortble and the attempts to gouge money out of you for mundane things just as blatant.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This is more a point of principle than of comfort, practicality or aesthetics, though, isn't it?

After all, flying Aer Lingus to Shannon is just as shít as flying Ryanair to Shannon (as I know from recent experience). The passengers are just as ghastly, the seating just as uncomfortble and the attempts to gouge money out of you for mundane things just as blatant.
    Christ man, in what way is Aer Lingus even pretending to be a better option than Easyjet? I wouldn't class Aer Lingus as any better than Ryanair, for all love!

Aer Lingus Ireland's national carrier. otatopeople:

Christ man, in what way is Aer Lingus even pretending to be a better option than Easyjet? I wouldn't class Aer Lingus as any better than Ryanair, for all love!

Aer Lingus Ireland's national carrier. otatopeople:
    Because it is not a budget airline, but a national carrier - however wánk. And I think I'm right in saying that if you needed to take a short flight somewhere and had the choice between Aer Lingus and Ryanair, your conscience would cause you to choose the former. Am I wrong?

Eau de Cologne. Cheap scents are an abomination no civilised man should countenance. Better to use nothing more than soap and water than smear oneself with the foul stench of anything cheaper than about 70-odd quid per 100ml.
    Got Agua di Parma Ambra the other day which has been pleasing. Seems to last all day.

Which of the Blu Mediterraneo range would you recommend?

Because it is not a budget airline, but a national carrier - however wánk. And I think I'm right in saying that if you needed to take a short flight somewhere and had the choice between Aer Lingus and Ryanair, your conscience would cause you to choose the former. Am I wrong?
    Obviously one has a league table of shít airlines, and one tries to pick from the top, rather than the bottom.

Aer Lingus comes pretty close to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Got Agua di Parma Ambra the other day which has been pleasing. Seems to last all day.

Which of the Blu Mediterraneo range would you recommend?
    I do not like the Blu Meditarraneo range. I'm a Colonia Essenza man and none of the little samplers they give you has ever struck me as superior to that.

Obviously one has a league table of shít airlines, and one tries to pick from the top, rather than the bottom.

Aer Lingus comes pretty close to the bottom.
    What of Norwegian? They've brought a budget-type model to transatlantic flights, but aren't actually terrible. Are they 'budget'.

And they have pictures of famous Norwegians on the tails of their planes, which always makes me chuckle, as you've generally only heard of one in three.

What of Norwegian? They've brought a budget-type model to transatlantic flights, but aren't actually terrible. Are they 'budget'.

And they have pictures of famous Norwegians on the tails of their aeroplanes, which always makes me chuckle, as you've generally only heard of one in three.
    v was booked on a Norwegian flight to JFK by her work last week. They apparently have a 'premium' cabin, which she reported was perfectly comfortable.

I would have refused to set foot upon the aircraft. I would rather fly American or even United.

At least they pay their crews a living wage.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    My local petrol station only does 1 version of each, I will usually buy the expensive version every now and then from other station, especially if doing a long trip.....think I've been done for speeding again
    Well at least you won't have to go on some tiresome Speed Awareness Course p