Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Rugby....

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Think he'll be on the bench, has been injured but was well enough to piss off to Portugal and play golf during international break
    Warm weather training surely 😉

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Think he'll be on the bench, has been injured but was well enough to piss off to Portugal and play golf during international break
    I'm surprised they didn't just train as normal during the international break. Do Sheffield United have any international players?

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't just train as normal during the international break. Do Sheffield United have any international players?
    John Egan - played both games for Ireland and Enda Stevens played the one against Switzerland. John Fleck played for Scotland against Russia. Dean Henderson was in the England squad!

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    John Egan - played both games for Ireland and Enda Stevens played the one against Switzerland. John Fleck played for Scotland against Russia. Dean Henderson was in the England squad!
    Assuming that chap you name plays for SU, then that means they have more players in the England squad than we do.

When did we last have an England international? Wilshere? Walcott? What happened to them and Ox?

It's not having players in the French squad that hurts me. Does Laca get in their squad now when he's fit?

Actually, do we have any proper internationals any more? i.e. not countries like Greece, Switz, Bosnia etc. Proper countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Assuming that chap you name plays for SU, then that means they have more players in the England squad than we do.

When did we last have an England international? Wilshere? Walcott? What happened to them and Ox?

It's not having players in the French squad that hurts me. Does Laca get in their squad now when he's fit?

Actually, do we have any proper internationals any more? i.e. not countries like Greece, Switz, Bosnia etc. Proper countries.
    Wekbeck was probably our last England player, though Willock will be soon. Deschamps doesn't like Laca (though Guendozi was in the squad last time. Ceballos plays for Spain. Leno is in the Germany squad and quite frankly its a bit ****y to talk about proper countries, particularly when one of the ones you slate has won a major international tournament in the last 15 years

Best played for Northern Ireland, Weah for Liberia. Bale plays for Wales. Are Belgium a proper country? The Netherlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I’ve noted the 4 outsiders in the Quarters pays 334/1

Australia to beat England
    Ireland to beat New Zealand
    France to beat Wales
    Japan to beat South Africa

This seems a reasonable investment of a tennar imo
    All Blacks in the semi then T, that Jonah Lomu is going to destroy us again
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

No Chinese food tonight for me

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Wekbeck was probably our last England player, though Willock will be soon. Deschamps doesn't like Laca (though Guendozi was in the squad last time. Ceballos plays for Spain. Leno is in the Germany squad and quite frankly its a bit ****y to talk about proper countries, particularly when one of the ones you slate has won a major international tournament in the last 15 years

Best played for Northern Ireland, Weah for Liberia. Bale plays for Wales. Are Belgium a proper country? The Netherlands?
    Of course the Cloggies are a proper country - I've been happy living there which is the major criterion in whether a country is proper or not.

I forgot about Greece. That must have been sometime in the first decade of the century. I was playing babyfoot outside my truck somewhere in the South of France (c. Toulouse, perhaps) and put the radio on to hear laughing French commentators making jokes about how all the kebab (sandwich Grec) sellers in the centre of Paris must be having fun.

Hadn't even really been aware the tourney was on.

Didn't another small team win recently? Or am I thinking of Jensen 92?

How are the Bubbles doing now? I take it Papa Sok plays for them.