Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Athletic - how long do we give it?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    It is. in isolation.

How many "less than the price of a pint" fees could you end up paying?
    This is the trouble, especially with the way streaming is going. It was fine with just Netflix. It wasn’t too bad adding in Amazon Prime. Now you’re going to have Apple and Disney+. Warner are also planning on having a streaming service. If they all produce content you watch you’re looking at £50 a month and that’s not even including your TV subscription.

It is. in isolation.

This is a fair point. The answer, I think, is that if everyone pays for a few subs to the sources they like and consume the most, then hopefully all the decent outlets will make a living.

Not so easy for non-sport content though. I support the alt-media site I read most for politics, but not others because there are too many.

It is. in isolation.

Also: Pint of Doom Bar £2.58 in the Coronet on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Also: Pint of Doom Bar £2.58 in the Coronet on Sunday.
    Yes. But.

The Coronet.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Yes. But.

The Coronet.
    Only a problem for cup games when it fills with the enemy imo. Apart from that it's near the ground, usually has space to breathe, features moderately-priced beverages, and is on my way from home. Does ham egg & chips too.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I trust one of them is Making Sense with Sam Harris?
    You know that noise some of our less self-aware-and-enlightened-supporters make when the opposition makes a substitution? .....

Only a problem for cup games when it fills with the enemy imo. Apart from that it's near the ground, usually has space to breathe, features moderately-priced beverages, and is on my way from home. Does ham egg & chips too.
    It is a big place.
    It is a 'spoons

The Tollington is just around the corner, a
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

It is a big place.
    It is a 'spoons

The Tollington is just around the corner, a
    It is a 'spoons? How the fúck do you microwave hamn egg and chips?

Depends on how one finds the quality of the writing, and the intrusiveness of the ads. I intend to give the Athletic a go via the Arsenal Vision link. £2.50 a month is a modest fee if value is found imo.
    I feel AWIMB Missed a trick. AFTV are esentially a video format of the old AWIMB

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I feel AWIMB Missed a trick. AFTV are esentially a video format of the old AWIMB
    RCEG would have been great of AFTV. Also greg mitchell coming to blows with Headgear would have been internet gold.