Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Poor old John Hartson was struggling with all the new names on commentary last night

Poor old John Hartson was struggling with all the new names on commentary last night

‘Reiss Willock and ‘Joe Nelson’ both got several mentions. I did have some sympathy though. Up until early last season I was still confusing the Willock brothers Chris and Joe. I had no idea there were two of them. Just thought it was Chris Willock, taking ages to make the breakthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    ‘Reiss Willock and ‘Joe Nelson’ both got several mentions. I did have some sympathy though. Up until early last season I was still confusing the Willock brothers Chris and Joe. I had no idea there were two of them. Just thought it was Chris Willock, taking ages to make the breakthrough
    Poor old John Hartson kept starting sentences which meandered off into the middle distance without any semblence of a point appearing, whilst Arsenal players were taking potshots at goal and all sorts. The poor commentator fellow kept trying to butt in but John wasn't having it.

I hope his brain cancer hasn't returned

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Poor old John Hartson kept starting sentences which meandered off into the middle distance without any semblence of a point appearing, whilst Arsenal players were taking potshots at goal and all sorts. The poor commentator fellow kept trying to butt in but John wasn't having it.

Harsh. It took Hartson about 20 minutes in (perhaps between his two goals) to point out that Martinelli looked like a lot more than just a goalscorer.

At least he was somewhat positive about us, unlike Merson, who seems to be an embittered man these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Let's be honest, he only got the gig because of his illness. Which is a fair compensation imo

Not sure why they employ Smudger tho
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'