Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I've never seen the opposition benches look more nervous and agitated

I've never seen the opposition benches look more nervous and agitated

They are absolutely sh*itting it

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I just want it over with now so I can wind up all the Remainers on Facebook while flaunting my dual nationality.

I've just realised I might hate Ian Blackford as much as I hate John McDonnell

Recently, I've found myself having moments through the day where I imagine Labour getting demolished in the next election and Boris lauding it over them during PMQ

Why is that? Are they about to suddenly vote for the WA and prove you right, much to their horror?

Edit: actually I can't remember what it was you promised would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I've just realised I might hate Ian Blackford as much as I hate John McDonnell

Recently, I've found myself having moments through the day where I imagine Labour getting demolished in the next election and Boris lauding it over them during PMQ
    Well Corbyn would resign if he loses the next GE

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Why is that? Are they about to suddenly vote for the WA and prove you right, much to their horror?

Edit: actually I can't remember what it was you promised would happen.
    I promised that a "May deal with some amendments" would be passed by Parliament.

It's certain that Boris's deal will be further watered down if and when the EU come to the table, so whether or not the final deal meets that description may be up for debate, but I think we can safely say at this point that I was a lot more right than certain people gave me credit for all those months ago (I'm looking at your Burney and WES)

I promised that a "May deal with some amendments" would be passed by Parliament.

It's certain that Boris's deal will be further watered down if and when the EU come to the table, so whether or not the final deal meets that description may be up for debate, but I think we can safely say at this point that I was a lot more right than certain people gave me credit for all those months ago (I'm looking at your Burney and WES)
    Nonsense - you said that May would get her deal through because the alternatives were no deal or Remain and ERG, Labour and others would be forced to vote for it on that basis. And you were wrong.

And as we're on the topic of you being wrong, Naby Keita?

Well Corbyn would resign if he loses the next GE
    Er yes - which is why I mentioned only Blackford and McDonnell.

The other interesting part of all this is if they do get demolished, what happens then within the Labour party? In order to get back to New Labour and become electable they need to take control back from the unions and I'm not too sure how they do that. Or is there a candidate that McCluskey, Lavery et al could support that is electable?

Nonsense - you said that May would get her deal through because the alternatives were no deal or Remain and ERG, Labour and others would be forced to vote for it on that basis. And you were wrong.

And as we're on the topic of you being wrong, Naby Keita?
    Simply wrong. All I ever said about No Deal is that if it ever came to a vote on the eve of us leaving with No Deal, Labour MPs would vote it through, or at least would abstain en masse so that it passed.

As for May's deal, at various points between MV1, 2 & 3 I said it would pass with amendments. And had Geoffrey Cox ruled that the modest changes to the backstop that May secured prior to MV3 were legally binding, it would have passed. As it stands, it now appears I was one round of negotiations out with my prediction.

So yeah, I'd say I've come out looking pretty f*cking right on balance.

No show some f*cking humility and admit it
    Last edited by Monty92; 10-03-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Er yes - which is why I mentioned only Blackford and McDonnell.

The other interesting part of all this is if they do get demolished, what happens then within the Labour party? In order to get back to New Labour and become electable they need to take control back from the unions and I'm not too sure how they do that. Or is there a candidate that McCluskey, Lavery et al could support that is electable?

That's why there was a Momentum-led effort to outst Tom Watson the other week. If Watson remains in post when it's time to elect Corbyn's successor, it becomes a whole lot harder for the Corbynite wing of the party to elect one of their own.