Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: That fat c*nt Ian Blackford is on the TV sweating even more than usual

That fat c*nt Ian Blackford is on the TV sweating even more than usual

This suggests to me that he's a bit panicky that these published Boris plans might just fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    This suggests to me that he's a bit panicky that these published Boris plans might just fly.
    Would be gobsmacked if this got through..... small possibility it could be seems to me that after initial bluster we are back to not having an agreement and a GE in the next 2-3 months
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Would be gobsmacked if this got through..... small possibility it could be seems to me that after initial bluster we are back to not having an agreement and a GE in the next 2-3 months
    I've at least been able to (albeit largely unsuccesfully) second guess what the f*ck is going on up until now, but I'm f*cked if I can work out what Boris will do if he's legally forced to extend. I don't think they would realistically try to find a loophole and I don't think he'll resign. So what on earth is the plan?

I've at least been able to (albeit largely unsuccesfully) second guess what the f*ck is going on up until now, but I'm f*cked if I can work out what Boris will do if he's legally forced to extend. I don't think they would realistically try to find a loophole and I don't think he'll resign. So what on earth is the plan?
    He continues to say he won't ask for an extension, so not sure what on earth will happen if we get to 31/10 with no deal.

He'll have someone else do it (doesn't have to be the PM who makes the request) then when the EU grant the extension (they will) we have a GE with the Tories running on a No Deal Brexit if needed campaign.

P.S. I think the EU will sign it off because the polls suggest that if they don't we'll end up with No Deal

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    He'll have someone else do it (doesn't have to be the PM who makes the request) then when the EU grant the extension (they will) we have a GE with the Tories running on a No Deal Brexit if needed campaign.

P.S. I think the EU will sign it off because the polls suggest that if they don't we'll end up with No Deal
    They MIGHT sign it off but then it still has to get through Parliament, and unless he starts letting the 21 members back into the party then the chances of that getting through are slimmer than a slim thing

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    They MIGHT sign it off but then it still has to get through Parliament, and unless he starts letting the 21 members back into the party then the chances of that getting through are slimmer than a slim thing
    Surely other than the 1 or 2 Lib Dem defectors all of those who lost the whip would vote for a deal? Clarke, Gauke, Soames..even Grieves....they would all vote with the government.

Surely other than the 1 or 2 Lib Dem defectors all of those who lost the whip would vote for a deal? Clarke, Gauke, Soames..even Grieves....they would all vote with the government.
    Yes, the Times did an analysis of the numbers and if the EU approve it will almost certainly get through parliament

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, the Times did an analysis of the numbers and if the EU approve it will almost certainly get through parliament
    Even if the EU reject it, the fact that Boris may well be able to show that it has a clear majority in Parliament would be a huge boost and make his opponents appear totally unreasonable.

You can tell already that panic is setting in among other parties who are desperately trying to depict this new deal as "designed to fail".

Even if the EU reject it, the fact that Boris may well be able to show that it has a clear majority in Parliament would be a huge boost and make his opponents appear totally unreasonable.

You can tell already that panic is setting in among other parties who are desperately trying to depict this new deal as "designed to fail".
    Absolutely - Corbyn, Blackford and others may be thick but they know full well that if Boris gets a deal through he’s going to win the next GE and almost certainly with a majority. Labour - yet again - seem to stand for nothing other than being willing to say or do anything to get into power.