Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Celebrity' Masterchef?

Filling in for Herbert Augustus Chapamn there, LA
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think if you are been battered around the ring for years, what you face looks like is the last of your problems
    To paraphrase Hockney when describing Auden: “If that’s his face, what must his arse look like?”

I like the CGI forearm idea

In the short term, she could ease the distraction by standing there with her arms behind her back a la Prince Phillip

Or just wear a long sleeved jumper with a glove sewn on
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    I like the CGI forearm idea

In the short term, she could ease the distraction by standing there with her arms behind her back a la Prince Phillip

Or just wear a long sleeved jumper with a glove sewn on
    Or have her sleeve pinned up like someone who's lost their arm properly.

Obvious thing to say given one's age, I suppose, but the sheer number of chaps missing arms or legs or whatnot when I was growing up is an abiding memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Or have her sleeve pinned up like someone who's lost their arm properly.

Obvious thing to say given one's age, I suppose, but the sheer number of chaps missing arms or legs or whatnot when I was growing up is an abiding memory.
    Chaps selling matches or even a single shoelace, with a sign saying, 'Waterloo Veteran'. Obviously they ran the risk of being picked up for vagrancy by the beadle and thrown into the work 'us, but they were brave fellows and unfazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Chaps selling matches or even a single shoelace, with a sign saying, 'Waterloo Veteran'. Obviously they ran the risk of being picked up for vagrancy by the beadle and thrown into the work 'us, but they were brave fellows and unfazed.
    It’s true, though, isn’t it? You just used to see more old chaps without limbs - for obvious reasons.
    They were dignified about it, though. They wouldn’t have dreamt of waving their stumps about and frightening kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It’s true, though, isn’t it? You just used to see more old chaps without limbs - for obvious reasons.
    They were dignified about it, though. They wouldn’t have dreamt of waving their stumps about and frightening kiddies.
    I suppose in the 70s we would have had veterans of both wws and Korea. Not to mention Ireland.

There was a common sitcom device - the henpecked (or famil-pecked) husband whose escape was to 'the Legion' - where he might fall into conversation with a bloke who understood, having been through, 'the first lot'.

Everyone had experienced it, but no one talked about it. Maybe no one talked about it because everyone had been thorugh it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I suppose in the 70s we would have had veterans of both wws and Korea. Not to mention Ireland.

There was a common sitcom device - the henpecked (or famil-pecked) husband whose escape was to 'the Legion' - where he might fall into conversation with a bloke who understood, having been through, 'the first lot'.

Everyone had experienced it, but no one talked about it. Maybe no one talked about it because everyone had been thorugh it...
    Turned out my great-uncle Arthur was on Sword Beach in the first wave as a wireless operator and fought all the way through to the end in Germany. But nobody knew because he didn't bother mentioning his war to anyone until a couple of years before he died. Didn't think it was terribly interesting, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think if you are been battered around the ring for years, what you face looks like is the last of your problems
    I'm not sure this post got the recognition it deserves, la
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I'm not sure this post got the recognition it deserves, la
    I hadn't noticed that. wd la