Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't think I've ever been this depressed at the start of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What a load of unreconstructed cobblers that was.

He's had over 12 months now and there is absolutely no sign of a personality, an ethos, a style, even.

Our results reflect the way we play: mediocre, mediocre, mediocre.

He won't get us relegated, I grant you, but then neither would Fat Sam, and his appointment would at least have been amusing. And cheap.

In short, I am unhappy with the current manager. There you have it.

Carry on.
    This sort of nonsense reminds me of Jorge belittling the most successful manager in British football because he didn't have a "philosophy"

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    This sort of nonsense reminds me of Jorge belittling the most successful manager in British football because he didn't have a "philosophy"
    Good spot, although at least Jorge was being bitter about a hated rival - and there was much to hate.

The crap Charles is coming out with is about a relatively new manager who has clearly improved our club and brought about much needed change. Mind you, some people just can't accept change.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Good spot, although at least Jorge was being bitter about a hated rival - and there was much to hate.

The crap Charles is coming out with is about a relatively new manager who has clearly improved our club and brought about much needed change. Mind you, some people just can't accept change.
    Only quibble I would have with yesterday was bringing on Henrik - seemed odd given we allowed him to leave today.

Slightly at odds with that though (and I am sure Emery had little say in the matter), letting Monreal leave before the game was a shame

Only quibble I would have with yesterday was bringing on Henrik - seemed odd given we allowed him to leave today.

Slightly at odds with that though (and I am sure Emery had little say in the matter), letting Monreal leave before the game was a shame
    Well, I seem to be one of the few that actually rate Mikki so I had no issue with it, until I found out he was leaving

I said as much to Master WES re Monreal. Why on earth not agree to him moving after the match? Made no sense to me given how Kola has struggled as a LB with 4 at the back.

Well, I seem to be one of the few that actually rate Mikki so I had no issue with it, until I found out he was leaving

I said as much to Master WES re Monreal. Why on earth not agree to him moving after the match? Made no sense to me given how Kola has struggled as a LB with 4 at the back.
    I'm a fan too - would rather have kept him at least til January. Don't know how much these transfers are about trimming wages, but least it guarantees more time for Nelson and hopefully Saka in the CC and Europa

As I said at end of last season, if Kolasanic could cross we would have comfortably been top 4 and again yesterday, his final ball was poor. If there's a player that just needs to practice something again and again, it's his crossing

I'm a fan too - would rather have kept him at least til January. Don't know how much these transfers are about trimming wages, but least it guarantees more time for Nelson and hopefully Saka in the CC and Europa
    Nelson I am unsure about.

Willock, on the other hand

Ensuring no injury? Mr Wheeler-Dealer Raul banking a favour with a club/agent in return for some future ducking and diving imo.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    As I said at end of last season, if Kolasanic could cross we would have comfortably been top 4 and again yesterday, his final ball was poor. If there's a player that just needs to practice something again and again, it's his crossing
    Yes, it's weakest point which given the state of his defending is saying something.

Also, staying onside really isn't *that* hard when you're playing LB and can look back across the pitch as you make your run.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    First half of last season he created a lot - also created a lot of goals/chances in Germany