Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luton Town

Luton Town

In common with most people of my vintage, I despise Luton Town with avengence. Hence I am apoplectic with rage that they have adoptred our kit as their away strip - total and utter ****s.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49326868

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    In common with most people of my vintage, I despise Luton Town with avengence. Hence I am apoplectic with rage that they have adoptred our kit as their away strip - total and utter ****s.

Just Puma recycling their old Arsenal kit designs for another team. Waste not, want not imo

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post

:rotherhamunited:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    :rotherhamunited:
    Acksherly, you might find that Rotherham wore the famous red and white before Arsenal did.

I may once have spend some time nerding around that rather interesting historic kits site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Acksherly, you might find that Rotherham wore the famous red and white before Arsenal did.

I may once have spend some time nerding around that rather interesting historic kits site.
    Still not excuse for pretending they play home games in New York

So, The Arsenal adopted white sleeves in 1933 whilst Rotheram United did so in 1947

This is according to the, (one assumes) highly accurate www.historicalkits.co.uk
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    So, The Arsenal adopted white sleeves in 1933 whilst Rotheram United did so in 1947

This is according to the, (one assumes) highly accurate www.historicalkits.co.uk
    Um, they must have edited the site since I saw it. :nicosia:

Um, they must have edited the site since I saw it. :nicosia:
    Rotherham United, nickname: The Mandarin Ducks
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

About lower league clubs.

Will be attending a birthday party for a Stoke City fan in a few weeks.

Loads of Stok-ies will be there.

Quite looking forward to it to be honest with you.

Nice people & always treated me fairly.

but I’m hoping they don’t win any more games between now and then so I can bust out my compass joke ie what do stoke and compass have in common? They both got 4 points

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    About lower league clubs.

Will be attending a birthday party for a Stoke City fan in a few weeks.

Loads of Stok-ies will be there.

Quite looking forward to it to be honest with you.

Nice people & always treated me fairly.

but I’m hoping they don’t win any more games between now and then so I can bust out my compass joke ie what do stoke and compass have in common? They both got 4 points
    Only 4 cardinal points, to be ecclesiastically picky about it. A compass can theoretically have any number of points within the range n^2, as I'm sure the Stokies would be quick to point out.

Point. Ha ha.

I'm sure Stokies are ok outside of the Barad-dûr Bowl, or whatever it's called now. I worked on some industrial chimney design software for a company in Stoke. Long ago before Thatcher stole all the factories.