Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Cracking day at Lord's on Saturday.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I must admit that when I realised I was going to have to watch Smith bat, my heart sank. However, well done to Jofra Archer by making the day much more enjoyable by skulling the fúcker good and proper.

I must admit there was a brief guilty moment as the sickening thud of leather on convict echoed around the ground where the cheer died on one's lips and one realised the bástard might ruin everyone's fun by actually dying. Thankfully, however, he had the good taste simply to be concussed and one could go home and watch the incident repeatedly with a clear conscience.

Now if Jofra could just hit Warner as well. Mind you, he'd have to hang around long enough to allow him to get up to top speed for that to happen.
    I must confess to being slightly bored by the endless chin-music by the end of yesterday. I mean, letting them know you're there and putting it in the mixer is all very well but when your prime strategy is to kick as many of the opponents off the park as possible it eventually ... lacks elegance, I felt.

I enjoyed watching Leach more tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I must confess to being slightly bored by the endless chin-music by the end of yesterday. I mean, letting them know you're there and putting it in the mixer is all very well but when your prime strategy is to kick as many of the opponents off the park as possible it eventually ... lacks elegance, I felt.

I enjoyed watching Leach more tbh.
    The day I no longer enjoy watching Australians being made to fear for their lives by an England bowler, they can screw the coffin lid down imo.