Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Over-rated things: crusty rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I've never had a crisp sandwich. Hidden pointy shards
    It's like a bonus. An unexpected shard punctures a hole in the roof of your mouth which is instantly filled with chemically-created vinegar burn. #painaspleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nice. I did 11 miles around the Shoreham valley on Saturday. I also ran 5 miles on Saturday.

Still 79.4kg.
    When you do your 5k on that machine, what speed/incline do you have it set to?

Shrapnel everywhere.
    Most of this England test side
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    When you do your 5k on that machine, what speed/incline do you have it set to?
    Incline is always set at 1%, but speed varies, dunnit. Depends on form and how I'm feeling. Currently I'm struggling to get through 5k at 6.5 mph, I guess due to the lack of carbs - or it could be psychological, I suppose.

Under normal circumstances I use 7.2 mph which is a 26 minute 5k. Any faster than that and I start to ping hamstrings or suffer with gnee.

Incline is always set at 1%, but speed varies, dunnit. Depends on form and how I'm feeling. Currently I'm struggling to get through 5k at 6.5 mph, I guess due to the lack of carbs - or it could be psychological, I suppose.

Under normal circumstances I use 7.2 mph which is a 26 minute 5k. Any faster than that and I start to ping hamstrings or suffer with gnee.
    Yes, I'm at 6.6mph, which basically means 5k is done and dusted inside half an hour. Changing the incline sounds like a good idea in theory, but when you're doing it, it's really the last thing you want. G uses it quite a lot for her girly walking workouts, though.

My only - very minor - criticism of the machine is that its speakers are a bit pathetic, which means that unless you're listening to music, you can't make out your audiobook or podcast over the noise of the treadmill and the fan. I've gone back to using earphones, tbh.

Nice. I did 11 miles around the Shoreham valley on Saturday. I also ran 5 miles on Saturday.

Still 79.4kg.
    That's the Darent isn't it? Did that last year, I think. Most agreeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    See also: Ainsley Maitland-Niles.
    Yes.

You haven't been watching pre-season friendlies, have you Rich?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, I'm at 6.6mph, which basically means 5k is done and dusted inside half an hour. Changing the incline sounds like a good idea in theory, but when you're doing it, it's really the last thing you want. G uses it quite a lot for her girly walking workouts, though.

My only - very minor - criticism of the machine is that its speakers are a bit pathetic, which means that unless you're listening to music, you can't make out your audiobook or podcast over the noise of the treadmill and the fan. I've gone back to using earphones, tbh.
    I spent ages pushing to go faster and faster and just kept damaging myself, so it was completely counter-productive. I may even decide to stick at around 30 minutes in future. Better to be able to go 5 times a week than push so hard you're needing more rest days.

I've never used the inbuilt speakers - I jury-rigged an old amplifier and speakers with a cheap bluetooth connection so I can blast music as loudly as I like. The inbuilt fan is a bit silly, though.

I can never manage to concentrate on a book or podcast while I'm running. i just feed off loud guitars.

That's the Darent isn't it? Did that last year, I think. Most agreeable.
    Yes, it's all very pleasant round there. Shoreham is a lovely villaga and there are nice stretches of the river to walk alongside.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Most of this England test side
    I was in your manor on Saturday, Barry - breakfast at Ems Kitchen, and I saw that legendary boozer of yours.