Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Actually, I feel sorry for Mustafi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    He needs to take a year off. Get his mind back and restart somewhere else.

Burn out and mental health are real issues.

I feel sorry for him from this point of view.
    deffo. A year on Supplementary Benefit and sitting in a bedsit while he gets his head together would do him wonders imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Actual quotes from Neville on Mustafi a few games after we signed him:

Neville told the Metro: "Mustafi has got an incredible amount of natural ability and talent, good physical capability and I think with age and maturity he will grow into being a fantastic defender.

"He’s got all the attributes you would want. I think he’s got all the makings of it.

"Defenders will mature with age and I think he will get better and better."
    I think his good spell coincided with having a steady partnership in the middle with someone, Kos maybe. 3 at the back really doesn't suit him. I expect that Unai thinks that if we have a first choice LB we can play 4 at the back consistently we will see the best of him again.

Wouldn't hurt to have Torreira establish himself in the DM role as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I think his good spell coincided with having a steady partnership in the middle with someone, Kos maybe. 3 at the back really doesn't suit him. I expect that Unai thinks that if we have a first choice LB we can play 4 at the back consistently we will see the best of him again.

Wouldn't hurt to have Torreira establish himself in the DM role as well.
    Indeed - that would appear to be the plan. Of course when we are knocking in 5 every week it will help