Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyway, I think we can all agree on one thing. And that is that...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyway, I think we can all agree on one thing. And that is that...

...Colin de Grandhomme is a very silly name.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    ...Colin de Grandhomme is a very silly name.
    Is he one of the 'English' players? I understand that the 'England' captain is actually Irish, that several of the 'England' players ran away from the champagne as if confronted by a demon, and that one chap was born in the Caribbean?

It's hardly village greens and warm beer and the Vicar's wife ona bicycle, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is he one of the 'English' players? I understand that the 'England' captain is actually Irish, that several of the 'England' players ran away from the champagne as if confronted by a demon, and that one chap was born in the Caribbean?

It's hardly village greens and warm beer and the Vicar's wife ona bicycle, is it?
    Morgan's mother is English and he has held British citizenship since he was a baby, while Archer's father was born in England.

Anyway, these are the benefits of empire. We get a slightly bigger pool in which to fish.

Morgan's mother is English and he has held British citizenship since he was a baby, while Archer's father was born in England.

Anyway, these are the benefits of empire. We get a slightly bigger pool in which to fish.
    Would love someone to tell Ben Stokes he isn't English

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Would love someone to tell Ben Stokes he isn't English
    Apparently he's a Kiwi, la.

A 'Kiwi' with a Cumbrian accent.

He's a ginger-haired lad with a short temper. At the very least he's Scottish

I liked the old days when the MCC team would contain any non-Convict. The Nawab of Pataudi scoring a ton in the first bodyline test and then going home because he thought DJ's tactics were vulgar is class.

Given our lack of a top 3, are there any young Saffers we could nab as per?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I liked the old days when the MCC team would contain any non-Convict. The Nawab of Pataudi scoring a ton in the first bodyline test and then going home because he thought DJ's tactics were vulgar is class.

Given our lack of a top 3, are there any young Saffers we could nab as per?
    Fake news - he did object to Jardine's (completely legitimate) tactics after the first Test but actually played in the second Test, perfomerd badly and was dropped, stayed with the squad all series

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Fake news - he did object to Jardine's (completely legitimate) tactics after the first Test but actually played in the second Test, perfomerd badly and was dropped, stayed with the squad all series
    I've never had any time for people (ie Australians) who moan about Jardine's tactics. The fact that they actually got the laws changed because they threw a tantrum still sticks in my craw.