Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I see John Cleese has unleashed a shítstorm by the simple expedient of stating a fact

I see John Cleese has unleashed a shítstorm by the simple expedient of stating a fact

He's clearly reached the 'No longer gives a fúck' stage of life, god bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's why I left.

His last point doesn't really make sense though.

Man fúcks off from England to foreign country. Complains about forriners in England...

He's no better than those píssed up Jocks in London pubs telling everyone how shít England is and how wonderful Scotland is.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Man fúcks off from England to foreign country. Complains about forriners in England...

He's no better than those píssed up Jocks in London pubs telling everyone how shít England is and how wonderful Scotland is.
    He's not 'complaining', he's pointing out the fact that London is now by some distance a majority non-indigenous city. That is, quite simply, a fact. And it is a fact that those who can remember London as an English city have a right to feel rather ambivalent about.

And where he lives is irrelevant to all that.

I do the opposite. Immigrant in a foreign land telling Swedes they let too many immigrants in. Although in my defence there’s a lot of settled immigrants who came here in the late 90s/early 00s who say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    That's why I left.

His last point doesn't really make sense though.
    It makes sense in so far as to say that someone who has benefited from freedom of movement by coming to London is more likely to support Remain than Leave. It also makes sense in that those with no history in this country are less likely to be affected by appeals to our traditions of independence, sovereignty and democratic representation.

He's not 'complaining', he's pointing out the fact that London is now by some distance a majority non-indigenous city. That is, quite simply, a fact. .
    Saying it over and over doesn't make something a fact. It is only a fact when it can be backed up by numbers.

Did he show how he reached his conclusion?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

So many triggered people on Twitter

The virtue signallers are the funniest.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Saying it over and over doesn't make something a fact. It is only a fact when it can be backed up by numbers.

Did he show how he reached his conclusion?
    A quick google shows that according to the 2011 census 36.7% of Londoners were foreign born.

No idea what it is now but a jump to > 50% in 8 years would seem pretty surprising

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    A quick google shows that according to the 2011 census 36.7% of Londoners were foreign born.

No idea what it is now but a jump to > 50% in 8 years would seem pretty surprising

Non-indigenous does not mean foreign-born.

And, by the way, 36.7% of your capital's population being foreign-born is an absolutely fúcking massive number. And, given our immigration rates over the last 8 years, plus white flight, plus the fact that the vast majority of migrants will gravitate to London because that's where the jobs are, a rate of 50% is by no means out of the question by the time of the next census in 2021.
    Last edited by Burney; 05-29-2019 at 01:10 PM.