Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I read that finally we’re getting shot of Bouldy.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We've been pretty decent at defending corners and that's more or less his job.

Lee Dixon let slip something a while back...he said he told Bouldie to have a word with Bellend about tracking back once in a while. Bouldie told him he says that to him every game but he doesn’t listen.

Players really needed a generous kick up the backside imo

The defence is going to improve but it might be more to do with players coming and going rather than sacking Bouldie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Dixon let slip something a while back...he said he told Bouldie to have a word with Bellend about tracking back once in a while. Bouldie told him he says that to him every game but he doesn’t listen.

what was that anecdote Thierry told about his time at Barca? He went from his left wing to the right and scored a goal.

He was subbed at half time for not doing as he was told...

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277...tactic-formula

we need a bit more ruthlessness on the management side imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Lee Dixon let slip something a while back...he said he told Bouldie to have a word with Bellend about tracking back once in a while. Bouldie told him he says that to him every game but he doesn’t listen.

The defence is going to improve but it might be more to do with players coming and going rather than sacking Bouldie.
    But then I suppose this depends on his training brief. If it’s simply to advise/suggest without implementation, it sounds like Bouldy is your man and why change things ?
    If Emery keeps with the same regime and we keep shipping goals, the Directors, at some point, will hold him to account.
    Management d’ye see ? Someone has to fall on their swords for the defence fiasco and at this juncture, Dick’s going to cover his bases. Ta ta Bouldy..