Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any c*nt that tells me I "would have taken that before the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    ..... he also has the best record of any Arsenal manager for his first 50 games

Well, Wenger would have that record if it wasn't for all the shít players he inherited.

Seaman, Keown, Bould, Dixon, Winterburn, Platt, Bergkamp, Wright, Merson, Parlour, Kiwomya, etc

I think we can safely say, Emery is picking up from a lower point, players-wise, than AW did.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I like the way the narrative is shifting here. It's gone from 'Emery is great and shows us what could have been if we'd got rid of Wenger earlier', then 'Emery is hamstrung by all the Wenger signings' and now it's 'Yes, Emery is in fact shít, but we're only stuck with him because we couldn't get anyone better because we hung on to Wenger'.
    Where did I say Emery is sh1t, exactly? And I think everyone always understood that the overwhelming majority of our players were signed by Wenger and were part of a squad that finished 6th and some 30+ points off first place, that's simply a fact. And no one ever said he was great, they said it was an impressive start but he'll be judged when the season is over (in reply to people like you saying he was sh1t).

Other than that, great post.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Where did I say Emery is sh1t, exactly? And I think everyone always understood that the overwhelming majority of our players were signed by Wenger and were part of a squad that finished 6th and some 30+ points off first place, that's simply a fact. And no one ever said he was great, they said it was an impressive start but he'll be judged when the season is over (in reply to people like you saying he was sh1t).

I make out you know nothing about football at times, but i believe Berni knows less than even you!
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

And yet that is what we won and where we finished nonetheless.

My point is that your narrative of inexorable, season-on-season decline under Wenger simply isn't borne out by the facts.
    You mean we weren't winning the league during the 90s and early 00s, then challenging for the title in the late 00s, then barely making it into the top 4 followed by a 5th place finish in his second last season and then a 6th place finish in his last season?

Yeah, no sense of decline there.

You said we could have got 'impressive managers' like Pocchetino or the Ajax bloke, but didn't because we hung on to Wenger.

The clear implication of that is that Emery is not 'impressive' (i.e. ****).

Let's face it, you Wenger haters have backed yourselves into a corner. You have to praise what we have now because it's what you pushed for for years. Sometimes that means defending the indefensible - such as not holding the manager responsible when a team that had a top four finish there for the taking instead capitulated because it can't get a single point from four games against Leicester, Watford, Palace or Everton.
    I mean don't get me wrong, it's genuinely funny watching you scurrying around trying to find excuses. But it's funny-sad rather than funny ha-ha.

You said we could have got 'impressive managers' like Pocchetino or the Ajax bloke, but didn't because we hung on to Wenger.

Let's face it, you Wenger haters have backed yourselves into a corner. You have to praise what we have now because it's what you pushed for for years. Sometimes that means defending the indefensible - such as not holding the manager responsible when a team that had a top four finish there for the taking instead capitulated because it can't get a single point from four games against Leicester, Watford, Palace or Everton.
    I mean don't get me wrong, it's genuinely funny watching you scurrying around trying to find excuses. But it's funny-sad rather than funny ha-ha.
    Still time to edit yet another mistake, we beat Watford.

Stick to fishing or whatever **** sport you might know something about b
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

You mean we weren't winning the league during the 90s and early 00s, then challenging for the title in the late 00s, then barely making it into the top 4 followed by a 5th place finish in his second last season and then a 6th place finish in his last season?

Yeah, no sense of decline there.
    Well that would be a valid point if you wilfully ignored the utterly seismic changes to football's funding models in that period and the fact that Arsenal Football Club long resisted the types of takeover that have enormously benefitted rival clubs.

But yeah, that's AW's fault, right?

So a manager who isn't as impressive as Pochettino or Klopp is therefore sh1t? There is nothing in between?

And I was never a Wenger hater. I loved him when he performed at a high level and felt he needed to be replaced when he was no longer performing at the level the club needed. Calling someone who feels that way a 'Wenger hater' is as illogical as calling a manager sh1t because he isn't as impressive as Klopp.

Stick to grammar, Burney.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Still time to edit yet another mistake, we beat Watford.

Stick to fishing or whatever **** sport you might know something about b
    Oh, yeah. Sorry, I meant to write Wolves - which is, if anything, rather worse.

Fúcking Wolves.

Pathetic.

So a manager who isn't as impressive as Pochettino or Klopp is therefore sh1t? There is nothing in between?

And I was never a Wenger hater. I loved him when he performed at a high level and felt he needed to be replaced when he was no longer performing at the level the club needed. Calling someone who feels that way a 'Wenger hater' is as illogical as calling a manager sh1t because he isn't as impressive as Klopp.

Stick to grammar, Burney.
    OK, what would you call someone who you have defined as 'not impressive', then?