Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any c*nt that tells me I "would have taken that before the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I like the way the narrative is shifting here. It's gone from 'Emery is great and shows us what could have been if we'd got rid of Wenger earlier', then 'Emery is hamstrung by all the Wenger signings' and now it's 'Yes, Emery is in fact shít, but we're only stuck with him because we couldn't get anyone better because we hung on to Wenger'.
    There is no reason at all to think that Emery is sh*t.

I mean, apart from the away record thingy, and the fact he once went an entire season in La Liga without winning away.

Also, it'll probably take a bit of time before the players can stomach looking at his face and avoid giggling at his voice - I'm sure they'll come good when he has their undivided attention.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    One coud look at things like this...

Emery is serving up the same as what Wenger was latterly serving up (potentially not getting the top 4 and losing a Europa semi-final). So why change?

Past performance predicts future performance. So, under Wenger, we were always going to get more of the same and probably on a slightly downward trajectory, if you extrapolate league positioning.

If we continue to get the same from Emery over the next 2-3 years, I completely agree he should go and we move onto the next one.

I dare say we'll find out what we already know... it's Stan that is the real problem.
    Wenger brought us two FA Cups and a second-place finish in his last four seasons.

Wenger brought us two FA Cups and a second-place finish in his last four seasons.
    So give the new manager 4 years and see what he gives us.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    There is no reason at all to think that Emery is sh*t.

I mean, apart from the away record thingy, and the fact he once went an entire season in La Liga without winning away.

Also, it'll probably take a bit of time before the players can stomach looking at his face and avoid giggling at his voice - I'm sure they'll come good when he has their undivided attention.
    I'd say a manager who can't win half his games and appears to have lost his dressing room in the space of one season might just possibly be a bit shít, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So give the new manager 4 years and see what he gives us.
    But I thought you brought in new managers to improve things? If the best he can offer is more of the same/worse, what was the point of getting rid of Wenger?

Oh, yes, he gaves the FA cups. Very nice too. What did we have to win? 7 or 8 games? An achievement nonetheless.

That 2nd place? Every team in the league was fúck awful that season, including Lester and we were gifted second by that marvellous, over-achieing sp*rs team.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

But I thought you brought in new managers to improve things? If the best he can offer is more of the same/worse, what was the point of getting rid of Wenger?
    WES keeps telling us that the thing Emery has given us that Wenger no longer could is "hope"

I'd say a manager who can't win half his games and appears to have lost his dressing room in the space of one season might just possibly be a bit shít, wouldn't you?
    I would, shame for you then that he has won 20 out of 36 league games

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Oh, yes, he gaves the FA cups. Very nice too. What did we have to win? 7 or 8 games? An achievement nonetheless.

That 2nd place? Every team in the league was fúck awful that season, including Lester and we were gifted second by that marvellous, over-achieing sp*rs team.
    And yet that is what we won and where we finished nonetheless.

My point is that your narrative of inexorable, season-on-season decline under Wenger simply isn't borne out by the facts.

Because AW was making us gradually worse over the last few seasons, the new manager has every chance of finishing higher, gaining far more points and also the chance of a big shiny cup..... he also has the best record of any Arsenal manager for his first 50 games