Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cull

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    #Massive. De La Soul too.

Last edited by IUFG; 06-03-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Here's my cull wish for the summer.
    All the powder-puff pansies can fúck right off, imo
    Cech, Ramsey and Suarez are givens, obs, but here we go.
    Those in bold, door to the left, one cross each...

Petr Cech
    Bernd Leno
    David Ospina
    Emiliano Martinez
    Hector Bellerin
    Sokratis Papa
    Laurent Koscielny
    Calum Chambers
    Stephan Lichtsteiner
    Rob Holding
    Nacho Monreal
    Shkodran Mustafi
    Carl Jenkinson
    Konstantinos Mavropanos
    Saed Kolasinac
    Mohamed Elneny
    Henrikh Mkhitaryan
    Aaron Ramsey
    Mesut Ozil
    Lucas Torreira
    Ainsley Maitland-Niles
    Matteo Guendouzi
    Granit Xhaka
    Alexandre Lacazette
    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
    Alex Iwobi
    Danny Welbeck
    Takuma Asano
    Denis Suarez

that's quite the rebuilding job for the manager, there.
    I stand by my list...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I stand by my list...
    Harsh on Iwobi, Mikki, Nacho imo. And Elneny as a cheap option in DM isn't too bad.

Leno
    Holding Papa NewCB
    Hector Lucas NewMid NewLB
    Mikki Laca Boomerang

Doesn't look too bad to me? Maybe a new attacking player for Mikki if you don't like him (I do). With all the sales above, the money generated by the club and Stan coughing up a bit (no, seriously) that should be achievable. We just need to get better at buying players for less money that will improve.

When was the last time we bought a player and saw significant improvement even if we did sell him on?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Ozil? Mad man

I'd also keep AMN and Kolasinac....just!

Cesc's post match comments on Ozil were quite interesting.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Can anyone else afford them? Would anyone else want them?
    I'm sure Arsenal would love to offload Ozil and Mkhitarian but we will have to cover part or most of the wages in order to offload them.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I'm sure Arsenal would love to offload Ozil and Mkhitarian but we will have to cover part or most of the wages in order to offload them.
    The lack of financial support from the board is very troubling indeed. I have highlighted this as an area of concern over the past couple of years & news of Newcastle's takeover is of real concern for Arsenal.

We need the Kronke's to inject some cash or they risk their asset becoming de-valued.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Harsh on Iwobi, Mikki, Nacho imo. And Elneny as a cheap option in DM isn't too bad.

Leno
    Holding Papa NewCB
    Hector Lucas NewMid NewLB
    Mikki Laca Boomerang

Doesn't look too bad to me? Maybe a new attacking player for Mikki if you don't like him (I do). With all the sales above, the money generated by the club and Stan coughing up a bit (no, seriously) that should be achievable. We just need to get better at buying players for less money that will improve.

When was the last time we bought a player and saw significant improvement even if we did sell him on?
    He won’t be playing that formation next season. Once he gets his players in we’ll be playing a 4-3-3.

They could play a 4-4-3 and still not make Top4

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He won’t be playing that formation next season. Once he gets his players in we’ll be playing a 4-3-3.
    What’s the basis for that view? Did he play 433 at Sevilla and PSG?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    What’s the basis for that view? Did he play 433 at Sevilla and PSG?
    Yes. This is the first time he has ever used 3 at the back and persisted with it. If I had to guess why I’d say it’s down to injuries and not having the players he wants. I don’t think he trusts AMN and Kolasinac to be solid enough in a back 4 and we don’t have a midfielder other than Ramsey to play a three man midfield. I think we’ll sign a midfielder, winger, left back and CB and got back to a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. Hopefully some of the youngster like Willock and Nelson get opportunities at well. I’d rather watch them than Ozil. Sick of it now.