Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We're approaching the vinegar strokes as far as Brexit is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You can keep saying I don't understand, but your workings are exactly the same as mine.

March 28th comes and an extension is no longer possible (for reasons you outline). May holds one final meaningful vote (nothing to stop her doing so, assuming she hasn't been forceably removed by her own party by this point) and so you KNOW - you absolutely do KNOW - that the deal passes by an absolutely huge majority!
    You keep telling me what I know, but I don't know any such thing. For that to happen would require people and parties who (by that stage) will have rejected the self-same deal twice in Parliamentary votes to simply turn on a sixpence and accede to what will be seen as May's blackmail because it's the only deal on the table. You may be convinced that petty personal, party and doctrinal differences will be put aside and that that will definitely happen because it's the easiest thing all-round, but I am quite prepared to believe it may not.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yep - surely the last two/three years have taught people not to expect/second guess anything
    You'd have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You keep telling me what I know, but I don't know any such thing. For that to happen would require people and parties who (by that stage) will have rejected the self-same deal twice in Parliamentary votes to simply turn on a sixpence and accede to what will be seen as May's blackmail because it's the only deal on the table. You may be convinced that petty personal, party and doctrinal differences will be put aside and that that will definitely happen because it's the easiest thing all-round, but I am quite prepared to believe it may not.
    The vast majority in the house who oppose May's deal and No Deal would abstain, allowing the vote to pass without their finger prints on it. Obviously.

The vast majority in the house who oppose May's deal and No Deal would abstain, allowing the vote to pass without their finger prints on it. Obviously.
    You are making a number of HUGE assumptions there.

I'm not saying that won't happen, you understand? I'm saying simply gaily ruling out the idea of it not happening is remarkably silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You are making a number of HUGE assumptions there.

I'm not saying that won't happen, you understand? I'm saying simply gaily ruling out the idea of it not happening is remarkably silly.
    Riiiiiiiiiight.

Your definition of an assumption is very, very different to mine.

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Well the pair of you never get anything to do with politics right. Berni has progressed in that he seems to have accepted he knows nothing and, as the old maxim says, he who knows he knows nothing, knows more than he who knows nothing.

Riiiiiiiiiight.

It is - he appears to know what it means

I'm sure he assumes it will get dark tonight, too.

Like rain on your wedding day.