Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We're approaching the vinegar strokes as far as Brexit is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    No. It would be beautiful if you'd just decided to meet up and make eggs and chips together. Instead you just want to assign a monetary value to everything.

In the same way that raves get corrupted if you insist people pay a certain amount to attend.
    Egg and chips? You are addressing two culinary masters, g. Two kitchen ninjas. If the good lord gives us eggs and spuds, we're not going to make egg and chips. We are going to create!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    We do. We know that with the live threat of a No Deal just hours away, and with amendments pushing for an extension of Article 50 having failed, she would win by well over 500 votes.

We do know that. You do know that
    That is clearly what she’s hoping for, yes. It’s far from certain to actually happen, though. And if it doesn’t, we have No Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Egg and chips? You are addressing two culinary masters, g. Two kitchen ninjas. If the good lord gives us eggs and spuds, we're not going to make egg and chips. We are going to create!
    beaux oeufs avec pommes de terre ébréchées?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That is clearly what she’s hoping for, yes. It’s far from certain to actually happen, though. And if it doesn’t, we have No Deal.
    No! If it doesn't happen, we have an extension!

Why do you not see this?????? Argggggggggggggggh!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111!!! !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    No. It would be beautiful if you'd just decided to meet up and make eggs and chips together. Instead you just want to assign a monetary value to everything.

In the same way that raves get corrupted if you insist people pay a certain amount to attend.
    Pffff. If I corner the spud market and he corners the egg market, we’ll be rich...Rich, I tells ya! Rich beyond the dreams of sultans and potentates! Meanwhile the plebs will be selling us their nubile young daughters in return for the scraps from our plates. As it should be.

Get together and make egg and chips, ffs! You commies really have no clue, do you?

Yep - surely the last two/three years have taught people not to expect/second guess anything

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    No! If it doesn't happen, we have an extension!

Why do you not see this?????? Argggggggggggggggh!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111!!! !!!!!
    You don’t understand the law, m. The law is not flexible here and as things stand it is clear and in the statute book that we leave the EU on March 29th. Between March 28th and March 29th, there is not the time to create a statutory instrument to delay Brexit. It’s not possible.
    This blithe talk of delays is all very well, but the law is clear and unambiguous. Without another statutory instrument in place to stop it happening, we leave with or without a deal on March 29th.

You don’t understand the law, m. The law is not flexible here and as things stand it is clear and in the statute book that we leave the EU on March 29th. Between March 28th and March 29th, there is not the time to create a statutory instrument to delay Brexit. It’s not possible.
    This blithe talk of delays is all very well, but the law is clear and unambiguous. Without another statutory instrument in place to stop it happening, we leave with or without a deal on March 29th.
    You can keep saying I don't understand, but your workings are exactly the same as mine.

March 28th comes and an extension is no longer possible (for reasons you outline). May holds one final meaningful vote (nothing to stop her doing so, assuming she hasn't been forceably removed by her own party by this point) and so you KNOW - you absolutely do KNOW - that the deal passes by an absolutely huge majority!

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    beaux oeufs avec pommes de terre ébréchées?
    There'll be no French talk in post-Brexit Britain, iufg. Anyone caught speaking French will be made to fight in The Thunderdome.

There'll be no French talk in post-Brexit Britain, iufg. Anyone caught speaking French will be made to fight in The Thunderdome.
    apportez-le, baiseur mère, etc
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”