Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone understand the physics of why a ball swings like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I was genuinely thinking that it might be to do this these new balls having different seams or something.
    Definitely something to do with the new balls

Balls these days are veritable beach-balls in comparison to ones from the past
    That's why you get so many 30-40 year rocket shots

A bit different to the cannonball from Ted Drake's day
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Burney "I've just imagined him trying to say 'jelly babies' and it's made me chuckle."

"helly beebeeth"

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Burney "I've just imagined him trying to say 'jelly babies' and it's made me chuckle."

"helly beebeeth"
    I haven't heard his voice for weeks now. I just got bored with failing to understand what he was saying. Has he got any better?

Well there's a more confident flow to his conversation but once I stumble to understand what he's saying I usually zone out
    With effort, one can fit the pieces of his jigsaw puzzle speech correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I haven't heard his voice for weeks now. I just got bored with failing to understand what he was saying. Has he got any better?
    No. It's not just that he speaks terrible English, but that he speaks it far too quickly with no pauses between the words and the inflections are all over the shop.

He is still slightly more intelligible than Jamie Carragher, however.

Oh and he's definitely upped the hair grease quotient of late
    Very likable Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Well there's a more confident flow to his conversation but once I stumble to understand what he's saying I usually zone out
    With effort, one can fit the pieces of his jigsaw puzzle speech correctly
    To be fair, Trevor Brooking was the same. It was impossible to retain interest all the way to the end of a Trevor Brooking sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Definitely something to do with the new balls
    The new balls have a coating on them that is a bit 'grippy'.

Add that to more 'grippy' boots nowadays...there is a little longer connection time with foot on the ball. You can impart loads more spin than you used to on the old Mitre Multiplex or Adidas Tango (for example) balls.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Burney "To be fair, Trevor Brooking was the same. It was impossible to retain interest all the way to the end of a Trevor Brooking sentence."

"Yeah well you say....Romance of The Cup.....in fact, some Arsenal fans think I was trying to get out of the way....difficult game with Liverpool 15 points ahead and 12 wins on the trot....Coventry can't buy themselves a goal these days.....so I'm gonna go for a draw"