Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does anyone understand the physics of why a ball swings like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Time for some AAR real talk. It was a speculative nothing shot that was completely ****ed up by De Gea guessing before he knew where it was going. It wasn't even close to the corner, probably only about 2 yards away from the centre. With De Gea being a World class goalkeeper what we're seeing here is the equivalent of 'celebratory face' where a dog **** comedian of the John Bishop or James Corden variety in a room packed with hopeless plebs will get fits of laughter to every joke down entirely to their celebratory status.

It's the exact same thing we're seeing now with football illiterates blinded by De Gea's greatness. Make no mistake about it, it was dog **** goal keeping. If that Was Bruce Grobbelaar he'd have been lynched by the fans.
    But Grobbelaar never faced a ball that moved in such a bizarre manner, aar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    But Grobbelaar never faced a ball that moved in such a bizarre manner, aar.
    Plebs are going on as if it was that free kick from Roberto Carlos in that friendly rather than a keeper ****ing up his feet.

Plebs are going on as if it was that free kick from Roberto Carlos in that friendly rather than a keeper ****ing up his feet.
    But his bodyweight was committed to the left, aar. How could he shift his weight all the way to the right that quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    here you go...turbulence around the seams apparently...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5048238.stm
    Thank you.

So as opposed to trying to curl it in, if you hoof it from distance you might as well give it a toe poke and hope the random swerve becomes a sort of wobble seam delivery with the ball moving erratically.

WD Granit Xhaka.

No. We know it was crap keeping. If he'd just set himself, he could have waited as it wasn't far from where he started.

I was just trying to work out why a ball swerves like that, and IUFG posted a BBC article explaining that this is causes by the seams on this new balls designed to be hit with spin.

If you just hoof it straight, the seamscan make it move one way one second and another way the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I thought I got how a football moved depdening on which part of the foot you hit it with.

But I don't get why a ball starts off being an inswinger, changes its mind mid-flightand ends up an outswinger.

And this is happening far more regularly nowadays.
    They've been purposely making footballs all light and unpredictable for years now, normally bringing a new more ****e one out before each WC. They remind me of the 99p ones you'd buy down the coast for a kick about before toe punting the **** in the sea before going home.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    They've been purposely making footballs all light and unpredictable for years now, normally bringing a new more ****e one out before each WC. They remind me of the 99p ones you'd buy down the coast for a kick about before toe punting the **** in the sea before going home.
    Balls have had to be between 14oz and 16oz (at the start of the match) for years, baz
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Balls have had to be between 14oz and 16oz (at the start of the match) for years, baz
    Balls! Must be the material then, plus some devious gloss coating imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    https://twitter.com/Lostfootballs

It’s Sorcery....black magic...voodoo...the dark arts.

Ramsey is going so whatever forces were at work have shifted to Xhaka and were making a statement.

From now on Every time Xhaka scores a plane will fall out of the sky.