Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CricketWIMB

CricketWIMB

I do rather like the Windies tour, very handy for post work glass of wine watching.

Keaton Jennings need to find a new, decent close in fielder

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I do rather like the Windies tour, very handy for post work glass of wine watching.

The last one we had turned out to have a dicky ticker. This one can't get it off the square against bowling that's faster than 70mph.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Replace wine with beer and yes it's great isn't it. Be a good warm-up before the match tomorrow and then the FA has kindly put **** all games of any interest on over the weekend. Though it might be over before Saturday

Can't we just do the Windies Gus Logie thing - permanent 12th man on the pitch until they actually started picking him (there was a Pakistani one as well but I can't remember the name - and he wasn't even that good a fielder)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Replace wine with beer and yes it's great isn't it. Be a good warm-up before the match tomorrow and then the FA has kindly put **** all games of any interest on over the weekend. Though it might be over before Saturday

Can't we just do the Windies Gus Logie thing - permanent 12th man on the pitch until they actually started picking him (there was a Pakistani one as well but I can't remember the name - and he wasn't even that good a fielder)
    Think Archer will make his red ball debut for England this summer, LA?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The last one we had turned out to have a dicky ticker. This one can't get it off the square against bowling that's faster than 70mph.
    Rory Burns can f**k off too. I could have blocked that, ffs.

Surely there is a couple of Boers playing in County Cricket that fancy opening for England.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Think Archer will make his red ball debut for England this summer, LA?
    *******s - just missed the Burns dismissal. Hard to say on Jofra - I think we'll need Broad against the Aussies, so with him, Anderson and Stokes not sure another strike bowler is needed (and I think Root is, um, rooted to the idea of two spinners.) Maybe give him a go against the Windies if he goes well in the World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    *******s - just missed the Burns dismissal. Hard to say on Jofra - I think we'll need Broad against the Aussies, so with him, Anderson and Stokes not sure another strike bowler is needed (and I think Root is, um, rooted to the idea of two spinners.) Maybe give him a go against the Windies if he goes well in the World Cup
    You think he'll play in the World Cup? If he comes in and is devastating then it will be hard to ignore him for The Ashes. Also, not sure how much reliance you want to put on an aging Anderson & Stokes (see him as a real impact bowler, but wouldn't want him bowling more than 12 overs flat out in an innings, ideally). Anderson, Broad, Archer, Stokes, Rashid, Ali looks a good bowling attack to me?

Quote Originally Posted by luis anaconda View Post
    *******s - just missed the burns dismissal. Hard to say on jofra - i think we'll need broad against the aussies, so with him, anderson and stokes not sure another strike bowler is needed (and i think root is, um, rooted to the idea of two spinners.) maybe give him a go against the windies if he goes well in the world cup
    Calypso collapso!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Rory Burns can f**k off too. I could have blocked that, ffs.

Surely there is a couple of Boers playing in County Cricket that fancy opening for England.
    Struggling with why Burns can't do it at this level, I thought he'd be excellent. Jason Roy next in line, whilst I like him, not sure he's a test opener

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    calypso collapso!!!
    Got that in on Twitter last night