Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the first time this winter, the magic letters SN appear...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Kirkstone Pass was closed yesterday... and I'm driving up there on Friday.

Going to take a Land Cruiser.
    GLWTP and so on.

On our way up in December it was raining on the A1 with temps dropping to zero and signs warning of 'Freezing Rain and Ice'. As we climbed ever upwards on the A66 it got steadily colder and darker, until at about -4 a sign said 'A66 Closed. Turn back to A1'. Not what we wanted with less than 50 miles to go to the cosy inn with roaring fires and pints with our names on. So we carried on until we got to the scenes of the two incidents which were no longer closing the road. PHEW!

Then we had two nice days allowing us to bag a tidy six in the far NW of the Northern Fells group AND get to the pub in time to watch the traditional festive loss to Southampton. Some easy pickings round that way. Nice low, roundy hills you can't really fall off, and the start points are about 600 feet up for a tidy head-start.

It chucked it down all the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. But it's too easy to confuse that with There's not going to be much and it probably won't settle-Upon-Hull.

People need to be more specific.
    Snowing in Barnet right now, I'm hearing, and settling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    GLWTP and so on.

On our way up in December it was raining on the A1 with temps dropping to zero and signs warning of 'Freezing Rain and Ice'. As we climbed ever upwards on the A66 it got steadily colder and darker, until at about -4 a sign said 'A66 Closed. Turn back to A1'. Not what we wanted with less than 50 miles to go to the cosy inn with roaring fires and pints with our names on. So we carried on until we got to the scenes of the two incidents which were no longer closing the road. PHEW!

Then we had two nice days allowing us to bag a tidy six in the far NW of the Northern Fells group AND get to the pub in time to watch the traditional festive loss to Southampton. Some easy pickings round that way. Nice low, roundy hills you can't really fall off, and the start points are about 600 feet up for a tidy head-start.

It chucked it down all the way home.
    Six in two days? Nice work. I fear it'll be flat strolls and cosy fires for us. I was determined to wild camp at Angle Tarn this time, but perhaps not in snow.

Taf: Egkk 221057z 2212/2318 27009kt 9999 few020 tempo 2214/2218 6000 -shra bkn010 prob30 tempo 2214/2218 3000 shra -shrasn bkn005 prob30 tempo 2218/2220 3000 -shsn bkn005 prob30 tempo 2302/2310 8000 bkn009 becmg 2305/2308 33010kt
    First time?? It snowed like a snowy thing last friday evening
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

That'll be your second wild camping (wánking holiday) in a year c

Six in two days? Nice work. I fear it'll be flat strolls and cosy fires for us. I was determined to have another wánking holiday at Angle Tarn this time, but perhaps not in snow.
    . . . . . . . . .