Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets see Mr. Putin wriggle out of this one......

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Speaking of shifting the goalposts - in terms of audacity and lack of accountability from their local media, you are comparing the way that Russia has lied about Salisbury with the lies told about Hillsborough or Belgrano, as two examples?

Really? You honestly see those as equivalent?
    Not specifically, no. I was simply illustrating the point that politicians lying is hardly a disease peculiar to Russia.

With regard to Hillsborough you are on seriously thin ice banging on about the media holding people to account given that at least one major tabloid newspaper was 100% complicit in the cover up from the very beginning. I am being generous to several other newspapers here.....

They are not comparable because Russia are lying about a covert action, something which everyone lies about and which should very rarely become public knowledge at all. I am amazed that anybody, anywhere would think for a minute that Putin would tell the truth about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    [/B]
    Quite right too. All's fair in love and, um, conflict
    Oh, I agree. If you sign the official secrets act you are bound by it. It's treason- hang him high