Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Berni I must insist on some kind of rejoinder!

Berni I must insist on some kind of rejoinder!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    :sigh: OK. Someone who aspires to become Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and thus be responsible for the welfare and security of 66 million people should probably be held to a higher standard of veracity than you, me or even Her Majesty's gutter press, don't you think?

Should all politicians then adhere to a higher ethical standard than the rest of us of just those who seek the highest offices? Would Boris be included? :

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Should all politicians then adhere to a higher ethical standard than the rest of us of just those who seek the highest offices? Would Boris be included? :
    I referred to veracity. You have moved the goalposts by mentioning ethics.

However, on the subject of veracity, I've made my statement and it applies to anyone aspiring to such high office.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    :sigh: OK. Someone who aspires to become Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and thus be responsible for the welfare and security of 66 million people should probably be held to a higher standard of veracity than you, me or even Her Majesty's gutter press, don't you think?
    "Do as I say, not as I do"? That never works.

Thing is, so much of political activity is necessarily hidden from view, it's difficult to know what these people have been doing wrong.

Until it's too late.

No-one really minds, of course, because we ordinary people can just ignore them and let them get on with it, and get on with our own lives, in which behaviour can be guided by necessity and common sense rather than naked political ambition.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."