Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: So it's 14 units a week now is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Indeed - even the Telegraph has more cheery bits in it than your average US broadsheet. (Well, once a year when A Level results are out and they can put attractive teenagers on the front page)
    The Telegraph's page three always used to have the most sordid details of the latest criminal or high-profile divorce cases. Doubtless that tedious, joyless old tit Charles Moore killed off that tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Telegraph often has glamorous ladies on the front page. This infuriates my mother-in-law, who refers to them as 'those bástards', for some reason.
    Is she referring to the Telegraph or the glamorous ladies?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I used to work with a crazed Scot who had worked on the Straits Times - even managing to cover the Vietnam War gig for them at one point. He liked a drink (obviously) and had some fine stories of being 'in the sh1t'.
    Marvellous. He sounds like a Le Carré character. I'm mad for those 60s and 70s war correspondants and I tick off FCCs I have drank in. So far I have Bangkok, Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Hong Kong and New Delhi. Some of them have been modernised but you can still smell the fear if you sniff hard enough (drink enough scotch).

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Used to be 28 as I recall. Then it magically went to 21. Now it's down to 14. How long to 7?

Amazing that the human body - a product of arbitrary genetic change and the evolutionary process - should develop into something which experiences the negative impact of another substance linearly with the number 7.

That, or more likely, the whole thing is a load of unscientific nonsense promoted by a group of people who seem to think it is their job to tell us how to live, as opposed to helping us live longer.

Tossers. And to make it worse, they now have a program rattling on about it that features another tosser.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45258081
    Fits nicely with a per day amount dunnit. I think a Stella is 4 units
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'