Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Lack of zest.

Lack of zest.

Lack of zest.

It's started, hasn't it? The drooling maniacs have started moaning already.

We've got 9 months of this. Here, on TV, all over social media. As we speak, human-type individuals are removing a single brain cell from the freezer, polishing it with a snotty rag, and engaging it in thinking up ever more ignorant ways to express their bitterness about their failed, miserable little existences by moaning about a football team.

I'm off to kill myself. I hope the rest of you enjoy what's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Lack of zest.

It's started, hasn't it? The drooling maniacs have started moaning already.

We've got 9 months of this. Here, on TV, all over social media. As we speak, human-type individuals are removing a single brain cell from the freezer, polishing it with a snotty rag, and engaging it in thinking up ever more ignorant ways to express their bitterness about their failed, miserable little existences by moaning about a football team.

I'm off to kill myself. I hope the rest of you enjoy what's coming.
    Oooh, don't kill yourself! There's going to be thunderstorms. I'm really looking forward to them.

Quote Originally Posted by burney View Post
    oooh, don't kill yourself! There's going to be thunderstorms. I'm really looking forward to them.
    taf: Egss 261056z 2612/2718 14008kt cavok prob30 tempo 2614/2618 vrb15g25kt 3000 +tsra tsgr bkn040cb prob30 tempo 2700/2706 7000 tsra bkn045cb prob40 2706/2709 5000 br prob40 tempo 2714/2718 vrb15g25kt 2000 +tsra tsgr bkn040cb

taf: Egss 261056z 2612/2718 14008kt cavok prob30 tempo 2614/2618 vrb15g25kt 3000 +tsra tsgr bkn040cb prob30 tempo 2700/2706 7000 tsra bkn045cb prob40 2706/2709 5000 br prob40 tempo 2714/2718 vrb15g25kt 2000 +tsra tsgr bkn040cb
    See? Told you.

tsra - geddin!
    Last edited by Burney; 07-26-2018 at 03:15 PM.

See here, you cantankerous old f@rt. Pre season friendliest are, as you suggest, largely irrelevant. What’s less irrelevant is the concept that players only reserve their very bestest skills for games that actually matter.
    Finishing is finishing, whether on the training pitch or anywhere else.
    Are you suggesting that Young smith rowes splendid goal is less impressive due to it being a pre season friendly ? No, of course not. The boy stretched every sinue and ounce of skill to deliver that sublime finish.
    Now if Mr Balls was complaining about the result, that’s one thing, but if he were offering a critique to Lacazzettes technique or finishing prowess, he should be allowed to express his view.
    FTR, I, probably like most, are reserving judgement on the bloke. What I will say so far is that he’s a bit more Freddie Kanoute than Thierry Henry but I’m optimistic he can work well with Aubie, who anyone can see is a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    See here, you cantankerous old f@rt. Pre season friendliest are, as you suggest, largely irrelevant. What’s less irrelevant is the concept that players only reserve their very bestest skills for games that actually matter.
    Finishing is finishing, whether on the training pitch or anywhere else.
    Are you suggesting that Young smith rowes splendid goal is less impressive due to it being a pre season friendly ? No, of course not. The boy stretched every sinue and ounce of skill to deliver that sublime finish.
    Now if Mr Balls was complaining about the result, that’s one thing, but if he were offering a critique to Lacazzettes technique or finishing prowess, he should be allowed to express his view.
    FTR, I, probably like most, are reserving judgement on the bloke. What I will say so far is that he’s a bit more Freddie Kanoute than Thierry Henry but I’m optimistic he can work well with Aubie, who anyone can see is a class act.
    99.9% of footballers are "more Freddie Kanoute than Thierry Henry".

Good player Lacazette. He would have scored that chance that Henry fluffed to win the CL Final. Fact.

Sir C, I was purely passing on how our player is referred to in the banter/sihthousery that I am subjected to by the ex-pats with which I discuss football matters.

For my sins, I watched Citeh vs. Liverpool last night as NY Giants Metlife stadium is a few miles from home. The 'pool fellas had a good night, but Citeh didn't put anyone of any note out except Leroy Sane. That said, and that seen, I agree with your pre-season comments. To quote them "Auba's a player, the other striker has a lack of zest".

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Balls View Post
    Sir C, I was purely passing on how our player is referred to in the banter/sihthousery that I am subjected to by the ex-pats with which I discuss football matters.

For my sins, I watched Citeh vs. Liverpool last night as NY Giants Metlife stadium is a few miles from home. The 'pool fellas had a good night, but Citeh didn't put anyone of any note out except Leroy Sane. That said, and that seen, I agree with your pre-season comments. To quote them "Auba's a player, the other striker has a lack of zest".
    Harry, I am simply too pure and delicate for this world.

I think you're a bit of a snowflake, truth to tell c

Harry, I am simply too pure and delicate for this world.
    . . . . . .