Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Free movement for students and skilled workers". Will someone keep berni and

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Now, why do, say, Romanians come to the UK for work when their domestic rate of unemployment is 4.6%
    The UK has unemployment levels of 4.5% and that is typically described as 'almost full employment' (I think you need a certaim amount of unemployment for economics to work properly).

Whereas, EU states with the highest levels of unemployment (Italy, Greece, Spain) you hardly see any immigrants coming to the UK.

So, in short, a lot of EU nationals come to this country for work which they could easily find at home.

Do the UK pay more? ie is our National Living Wage more than a Polish or Latvian worker would get? If so, how does a fúcking common market actually work?

Is it free healthcare in the UK that draws them?

Is it the UK's benefit system?

Who knows?

The only thing I know is . . . it ain't the fúcking weather.
    It's just salary differentials, innit. Vlad from Bucharest can come and work as a hod carrier for a year, live ina room with 18 other Romanians, and fúck off home with enough money to build himself a house. Mind you, I believe many of them realise what squalid shítholes places like Romania are and decide to stay here, where they may be skint but they won't die of the fúcking Black Death.

Well, London isn't very representative of the UK as a whole, is it?
    I only know about London and essex.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's just salary differentials, innit.
    Whilst I understand that is probably the main reason, surely the cost of living is higher in the UK?

If it isn't a) a common market can't really work and b) a common currency (the Euro, for example) has no fúcking chance if its value varies from country to country.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Whilst I understand that is probably the main reason, surely the cost of living is higher in the UK?

If it isn't a) a common market can't really work and b) a common currency (the Euro, for example) has no fúcking chance if its value varies from country to country.
    The cost of living is higher for us because we're used to the little luxuries in life, like heating and hot water and proper food.

And obviously the common market and the euro don't work. Have you been asleep for the past 20 years?

Have you been asleep for the past 20 years?
    only for about a third of it.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The cost of living is higher for us because we're used to the little luxuries in life, like heating and hot water and proper food.

And obviously the common market and the euro don't work. Have you been asleep for the past 20 years?
    Yeah, life here is terrible. Wish I was back in the UK spendinh **** loads of worthless money on beer and food

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yeah, life here is terrible. Wish I was back in the UK spendinh **** loads of worthless money on beer and food
    Hmm, Germany is quite different to Romania, la.

You really are in a bad mood today and it's making you awfully rude.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Talking to your friends so disrespectfully.

Now sit quietly and think about what you have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Doubt they'll be too upset with that specific concession.

If Cameron had come back with that from his original negotiations then Remain would have won by about 80%-20%
    It isnt Brexit though is it. Because Brexit means Brexit and it doesnt include this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Spot on M. Although it amuses me the way that the EU is always labelled as the whipping boy for immigration.
    Estimated non-EU net migration is 205,000 a year—the highest level recorded since 2011. It has been almost consistently higher than EU migration for decades.

These are the people that arrive, largely unskilled, and prove culturally the most difficult, and costly, to assimilate to our society.

non-EU immigrants..... largely unskilled..... are you sure about that?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It isnt Brexit though is it. Because Brexit means Brexit and it doesnt include this.
    You seem to be preaching to the choir here.