Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL! Chap at work's underling leaves, so I was talking to him about recruitment and

LOL! Chap at work's underling leaves, so I was talking to him about recruitment and

he goes 'Actually, it's a lot easier now he's gone because I don't have to spend time managing him. He didn't really do that much and I can easily take on his work. Maybe we shouldn't bother recruiting?'

'Here it comes', thinks I and - sure enough - 24 hours later he's back telling me he'd need a massive pay rise in order to take on 'all this extra work'. Seems a bit nonplussed when I point out that he's already told me it's easier now this other bloke's gone and that he didn't do much anyway. On the basis of what he's said, I say, there can't be any justification for replacing the underling or for giving him a massive payrise.

Grumpiness ensues.

Silly cvnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    he goes 'Actually, it's a lot easier now he's gone because I don't have to spend time managing him. He didn't really do that much and I can easily take on his work. Maybe we shouldn't bother recruiting?'

'Here it comes', thinks I and - sure enough - 24 hours later he's back telling me he'd need a massive pay rise in order to take on 'all this extra work'. Seems a bit nonplussed when I point out that he's already told me it's easier now this other bloke's gone and that he didn't do much anyway. On the basis of what he's said, I say, there can't be any justification for replacing the underling or for giving him a massive payrise.

Grumpiness ensues.

Silly cvnt.
    He's played that spectacularly badly. Silly chap.

Give the poor **** a rise, b. It's not your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He's played that spectacularly badly. Silly chap.

Give the poor **** a rise, b. It's not your money.
    Oh, he'll probably get a bump. Just nothing like the one he's asked for.

Just pay him mate.

Do you really want to go through another batch of CVs with emotional intelligence and cosplay as strengths.

Grumpiness ensues.

Silly cvnt.
    Daft ****.

Him, not you.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Oh, he'll probably get a bump. Just nothing like the one he's asked for.
    Good fellow.

Talking of a bump, cor, I could fancy a bump.

https://coub.com/view/z4tpg

Good fellow.

it'd kill you off, sc
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Good fellow.

I didn't think you even felt a pang anymore. I thought you were all about the clean living these days?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    it'd kill you off, sc
    "Balls. I'll swallow* it and run a mile."

*hoover

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Just pay him mate.

Do you really want to go through another batch of CVs with emotional intelligence and cosplay as strengths.

Fvck no.