Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The host of the (generally excellent) Arsenal Vision podcast suggesting we hire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The host of the (generally excellent) Arsenal Vision podcast suggesting we hire

Vieira instead of another "white man" to enhance our progressive credentials

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

That is literally the first time I have heard anyone mention his race in relation to whether he ought to get the job or not. It seems depressingly typical that the first person to do so should not be some knuckle-dragging racist, but a bloody lefty.

They're obsessed with race.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That is literally the first time I have heard anyone mention his race in relation to whether he ought to get the job or not. It seems depressingly typical that the first person to do so should not be some knuckle-dragging racist, but a bloody lefty.

They're obsessed with race.
    #blackmanagersmatter

How about the best female manager in the world? The female Pep, as it were? We could be ultra-progressive that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    How about the best female manager in the world? The female Pep, as it were? We could be ultra-progressive that way.
    I was chatting (briefly) with a bloke yesterday who was doing his level best to convince me that the correct move for Arsenal would be to appoint Eddie Howe and to allow him to work under the guidance of the new footballing infrastructure.

The best young British manager in the League by a mile apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I was chatting (briefly) with a bloke yesterday who was doing his level best to convince me that the correct move for Arsenal would be to appoint Eddie Howe and to allow him to work under the guidance of the new footballing infrastructure.

Well, he is.

Well, he is.
    I cannot really comment other than to state that your validation of his credentials is not something in his favour.

Well, he is.
    Not a lot of competition, tbf.

Another white man?

Your friend is a racist, misogynist ****.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Last edited by Monty92; 04-27-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Another white man?

Your friend is a racist, misogynist ****.

a) he probably is

and more importantly

b) he is most certainly not my friend

I bumped into him in work, in the jacks, and he engaged me in debate about our club and the managerial issue we face. Time and place etc.

For context, he is a Leeds United supporter.