Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Since we’re doing the Wenger retrospective, how about great mysteries of his era?

Why he wasted more time berating the 4th Official than hollering at the team on the pitch was always a mystery to me
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Kallstrom loan.

And Viviano that was a strange one.

and Armoury Bischoff though worth a try I suppose.
    Chamakh was a strange one. Arsene pursued him for a couple of years prior to getting him. This was despite there being no evidence of his pedigree & there being no other clubs interested in him.

I also understand that we paid him upwards of £60k a week (which was partly why he was so difficult to shift).

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Can’t wait for him to confirm that Stuart Taylor was indeed too tall to be a goal keeper.
    Actually, the Richard Wright thing was still a bit of a mystery.

And that little seal-headed fella who couldn't get a game with us and went on to play for Real Madrid.

Also can he clear why the following players never signed and how close were we:

Hackman 6
    Trabelsi
    Mexes

That’s all...don’t care much for rehash of Suarez and I never really liked / cared / rated Benzema...completely overrated and a donkey for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

And that little seal-headed fella who couldn't get a game with us and went on to play for Real Madrid.
    FFS.

Porpoise headed, Burney. Porpoise. Get it right.

I think he left us for Portsmouth before Real decided he was quite good. He played many times for them, i believe. More recently, I believe that he was plying his trade with PSG.

When I think of cases like this and Oxlade Chamberlin I wonder if Arsene is really a very good manager at all

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Also can he clear why the following players never signed and how close were we:

Hackman 6
    Trabelsi
    Mexes

That’s all...don’t care much for rehash of Suarez and I never really liked / cared / rated Benzema...completely overrated and a donkey for me.
    Trabelsi. Every fvcking summer for about six years we were going to sign him. Pricktease.

Lassana Diarra. How the fúck did he happen?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

For me, it was the fact we employed Jeremie Aliadiere for eight years despite him never appearing to be anything more than ordinary.
    Sanogo deserves a mention. Especially as he turned up when we started getting more money to spend on players. Remember when he started that Champions League match against Bayern? WD Arsene

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    FFS.

Porpoise headed, Burney. Porpoise. Get it right.
    That's right. I knew it was a sea mammal of some sort.

What was his name again?