Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Most overrated band of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Yasss. Totally effing boring as sh!t, fake american, mall rat of a musician.
    You dirty, filthy *******.

Well you say potato and I say potaweto. They were not received in that way, okay?
    I dont really understand what you mean....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I dont really understand what you mean....
    I mean, obviously, that if a band chooses not to put out singles, this may be because they don't think singles serve to enhance their brand. I'm not really sure of Zeppelin's singles-releasing practices, so I'm not going to pursue. But if their singles didn't sell, or if they didn't have singles, it may be because they did not anticipate they would sell well.

Whatever the case may be, Zeppelin kicks a$$ and I will permit no belittling of their role in the history of rock and roll.

I mean, obviously, that if a band chooses not to put out singles, this may be because they don't think singles serve to enhance their brand. I'm not really sure of Zeppelin's singles-releasing practices, so I'm not going to pursue. But if their singles didn't sell, or if they didn't have singles, it may be because they did not anticipate they would sell well.

Whatever the case may be, Zeppelin kicks a$$ and I will permit no belittling of their role in the history of rock and roll.
    They didn't release singles because they didn't want to- they thought the albums should be listened to as a whole. they were rare in that they had a contract that allowed them to make that decision.

Its fair to say that some of the songs would have sold well as singles.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They didn't release singles because they didn't want to- they thought the albums should be listened to as a whole. they were rare in that they had a contract that allowed them to make that decision.

Its fair to say that some of the songs would have sold well as singles.
    Mmh, whatever.