Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Was taken to “the best Pizzeria outside Italy” last night by a bunch of Neapolitans

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    They probably saw you coming.

Which let's be honest would put anyone off their dough-rolling technique.
    No, I was with Mrs WES who is very attractive and just the sort of look the Eyeties go mad for.

And other than one osteria that we discovered, all the restaurants in Verona did Italian food that was poor by London or NY standards. Some of it was just embarrassingly amateurish.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Force fed?

We can all experience a post meal thirst, at which point one drinks water.

You awake and frantically drink like a chap lost in the desert for 2 days.
    In fact, the whole post was screamingly effete. Man goes to pizzeria and complains it was a bit carb heavy. Fückssake.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, I was with Mrs WES who is very attractive and just the sort of look the Eyeties go mad for.

And other than one osteria that we discovered, all the restaurants in Verona did Italian food that was poor by London or NY standards. Some of it was just embarrassingly amateurish.
    This is simply magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    In fact, the whole post was screamingly effete. Man goes to pizzeria and complains it was a bit carb heavy. Fückssake.
    Your mum's a bit carb heavy, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This is simply magnificent.
    If you're interested the same was true of Florence where the 'recommended' restaurant was incredibly average. Again, a local osteria was discovered that provided a reasonably good experience.

But I'm glad you can appreciate my ability to look at food objectively and base my views on the food itself. As opposed to revealing my ignorance by claiming that you can only get good food in locals that I have visited thereby revealing myself to be a small minded muppet with no real ability to understand or appreciate food.

Like you.

These people are fúcking mental. A huge platter of fried dough and giant pizza-sized focaccia to start, then pizzas for main (no toppings other than tomato and mozzarella, otherwise it’s not “authentic”), then more dough for dessert, this time coated in nutella and cream. Woke up at 3am and frantically sunk two full pints of water.

Anyway, perhaps even weirder was that according to one AC Milan fan, the Inter team that beat us 3-0 in the Champions League a bunch of years back are known in the city, without irony, as "The Lions of Highbury”.
    The wops know nothing about pizza. Go to France and get the base blanc ones with Crème fraîche. I might be biased cos I hate tomato.

PS didn't we put 5 past the Inter in the return?

If you're interested the same was true of Florence where the 'recommended' restaurant was incredibly average. Again, a local osteria was discovered that provided a reasonably good experience.

But I'm glad you can appreciate my ability to look at food objectively and base my views on the food itself. As opposed to revealing my ignorance by claiming that you can only get good food in locals that I have visited thereby revealing myself to be a small minded muppet with no real ability to understand or appreciate food.

Like you.
    Charlie recommended me a fantastic restaurant in Florence. I forced the missus to go and share a massive fúck off Bistecca alla Fiorentina, even though she had basically been ill for the entire week of our holiday and felt as sick as a dog.

I say ill - turned out the thick bint was 8 weeks pregnant

Like you.
    worm-bait.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    The wops know nothing about pizza. Go to France and get the base blanc ones with Crème fraîche. I might be biased cos I hate tomato.

PS didn't we put 5 past the Inter in the return?
    The best pizzas I've eaten have been in Sicily and Nice. They all had tomato on because pizzas do.

Charlie recommended me a fantastic restaurant in Florence. I forced the missus to go and share a massive fúck off Bistecca alla Fiorentina, even though she had basically been ill for the entire week of our holiday and felt as sick as a dog.

I say ill - turned out the thick bint was 8 weeks pregnant
    Ironic that she was put off a large portion of meat by a such a small one.