Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This American chit who appears to have Prince Harry in her thrall, just will not

This American chit who appears to have Prince Harry in her thrall, just will not

do I'm afraid.

I have just seen her interviewed on the Beeb and yes, she is a pretty little thing, but seems to believe she is required to talk rather a lot. She was giving all sorts of opinions and even spoke across Harry a couple of times; borderline bloody garrulous!

I fear she may even refuse to curtsy to Her Majesty and when The Duke makes a couple of his perfectly innocent 'darkie' jokes in her company she'll doubtless make a terrible fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    do I'm afraid.

I have just seen her interviewed on the Beeb and yes, she is a pretty little thing, but seems to believe she is required to talk rather a lot. She was giving all sorts of opinions and even spoke across Harry a couple of times; borderline bloody garrulous!

I fear she may even refuse to curtsy to Her Majesty and when The Duke makes a couple of his perfectly innocent 'darkie' jokes in her company she'll doubtless make a terrible fuss.
    I must admit, h, that the whole thing has me bemused. All good-natured joshing aside, the only people who actually seem to care that she's of mixed race and seek to make a big deal of it are people who would doubtless describe themselves as 'anti-racists'. As far as I can make out, the rest of the country (whom anti-racists are keen to lecture about their innate 'racism') couldn't give a toss.

Odd, don't you think?

...but seems to believe she is required to talk rather a lot.
    who'd of thunk a Yankee could be rather multiloquent?

has she referred to Phil the Greek as 'The Dook' yet?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    who'd of thunk a Yankee could be rather multiloquent?

has she referred to Phil the Greek as 'The Dook' yet?
    'The Dook of Edinburg', I'll have you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I must admit, h, that the whole thing has me bemused. All good-natured joshing aside, the only people who actually seem to care that she's of mixed race and seek to make a big deal of it are people who would doubtless describe themselves as 'anti-racists'. As far as I can make out, the rest of the country (whom anti-racists are keen to lecture about their innate 'racism') couldn't give a toss.

Odd, don't you think?
    This, from The Guardian: "Don’t underestimate the symbolism of a royal marriage. From now on, it will be impossible to argue that being black is somehow incompatible with being British"

Because that's an argument one hears all the time, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This, from The Guardian: "Don’t underestimate the symbolism of a royal marriage. From now on, it will be impossible to argue that being black is somehow incompatible with being British"

Because that's an argument one hears all the time, right?
    Exactly. In fact, barring a few very rare actual Combat 18-type nutters, literally the only people I've ever heard make that argument have been black 'commentators'.

Exactly. In fact, barring a few very rare actual Combat 18-type nutters, literally the only people I've ever heard make that argument have been black 'commentators'.
    Well, Combat 18 nutters and my Irish friend (the one who declared 'Well oi'm racist and proud of it!) but I take your point, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, Combat 18 nutters and my Irish friend (the one who declared 'Well oi'm racist and proud of it!) but I take your point, yes.
    Well I think we can all thank our stars that at least the bloody woman isn't Irish.

Odd but par I think. It would have been interesting to see him announce plans to

Odd, don't you think?
    wed a black woman (if such a statement isn't dreadfully racist of me). Mixed race she may be but certainly white enough so as not to spread fear and alarm amongst 'The Firm'.

wed a black woman (if such a statement isn't dreadfully racist of me). Mixed race she may be but certainly white enough so as not to spread fear and alarm amongst 'The Firm'.
    For the final word on interracial marriage, I think we need to turn to the words of Edward Lear, h.

There was an old man of Jamaica
    Who suddenly married a Quaker
    But she cried out "Alack!
    I have married a black!"
    Which distressed that Old Man of Jamaica.

There's a lesson for us all there, I think.