Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I think I might begin suporting Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I have 2 hairs on my head
    You've had a transplant? Congratulations, p!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You've had a transplant? Congratulations, p!
    how rude.... I only lost my hair because your mum used to pluck one every time I shagged her
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    How long will it be till he dies, Rich? Then it'll be Josh's turn. We'll all be dead before Arsenal is de-Kroenkefied.
    It is all a bit depressing, isn't it? I don't hold it against the Kroenke family for they have simply made a long-term business investment. However, I wouldn't exactly call it exciting for the fans.

Can't remember the last time that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It is all a bit depressing, isn't it? I don't hold it against the Kroenke family for they have simply made a long-term business investment. However, I wouldn't exactly call it exciting for the fans.
    I despise him Rich. He squats on this sacred football club like an enormous, self-satisfied parasitic slug. I should like to set fire to that ridiculous wig and immolate the ****'s head.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I despise him Rich. He squats on this sacred football club like an enormous, self-satisfied parasitic slug. I should like to set fire to that ridiculous wig and immolate the ****'s head.
    But he hasn't done anything wrong, Herbs. He is a businessman and so long as the stadium is full, the season ticket list long and Arsenal in the top six, he's happy.

Fans will have different definitions of success but they will typically involve the team's on-pitch exploits. This is not what an owner thinks as for them, it's a long term investment and there is no emotive connection to the football on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich;4184676[B
    ]But he hasn't done anything wrong[/B], Herbs. He is a businessman and so long as the stadium is full, the season ticket list long and Arsenal in the top six, he's happy.

Fans will have different definitions of success but they will typically involve the team's on-pitch exploits. This is not what an owner thinks as for them, it's a long term investment and there is no emotive connection to the football on the pitch.
    I find myself in agreement with you Dick.

In essence one of the saddest days of my life which has included family bereavements and the scuffing of brand new Adidas.

Actually hold on, the decision to renew AW's contract in the summer will have come from the very top so he has fúcked up. Hurrah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    But he hasn't done anything wrong, Herbs. He is a businessman and so long as the stadium is full, the season ticket list long and Arsenal in the top six, he's happy.

I did find that interview with them quite amusing. They kept saying 'look at our record' as though that would reassure supporters. I havent done a great deal of research on this but as I understand it their record is of making long term investments in sports franchises and turning them into utterly mediocre performers on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I did find that interview with them quite amusing. They kept saying 'look at our record' as though that would reassure supporters. I havent done a great deal of research on this but as I understand it their record is of making long term investments in sports franchises and turning them into utterly mediocre performers on the pitch.
    You lot shouldn't give a toss about any of this. It's the least of your troubles.

Wait until that senile French tw@t trots out Xhaka and Ramsey in midfield away to City on Sunday. Now that's worth worrying about.

Thanks god I support Spurs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am no fan of the Yankee but equally I am unsure what exactly he can be accused of having done wrong.

The manager has been backed financially over recent years, perhaps not as much as some may want but the money has been there. If you think Mustafi is **** or that Xhaka has been a let-down then you cannot blame SK on this. Summer 2017 and the whole Sanchez/Lemar debacle was like a football Carry On movie but then again not sure that is down to the Yankee.