Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I also had a weird dream last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But Brian Moore used to do his throaty growl and is the voice I associate with some great Arsenal moments.

Barry Davies always seemed a bit too keen to remind you he had A-Levels. I suspect he considered himself a cut above the Gubbas, Sinstadts and Motsons of this world.
    I used to wonder why Barry Davies was a football commentator. He didn't sound the right sort - Wimbledon suited him better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Brian Moore was Mr Football. I only heard Motty on the telly downstairs on Saturday night, but I actually got to watch The Big Match on Sunday lunchtime. I assumed Brian Moore supported Arsenal, because we were on so often and always first. It took me a while to work out the whole London Weekend Television thing.

I used to think that when Brian Moore died football would end. Of course his last words in commentary were "Will he score, Kevin?" "Yes. AAAARGHHH". He dies not long afterwards.
    It still always shocks me that live league football wasn't televised at all until the mid-80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I used to wonder why Barry Davies was a football commentator. He didn't sound the right sort - Wimbledon suited him better.
    Yes, he got the ice dancing as well. They'd never have let Motson near the ice dancing due to him being a grubby little oik.