Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have now commenced being thrifty. any tips?

I have now commenced being thrifty. any tips?

the following purchases will be eliminated

Cigarettes, energy drinks/coffees, I will drink the free **** at work,
    bring my own lunch.
    I have purchased my food shopping in bulk.

If only I can scam away to get to work for free. Cycling is a little bit too far and would involve dangerous routes and initial expense.

I plan to live as cheap as possible next year. no holidays, no guitars, pay some bills. I need to build up cash for my big year of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

bring my own lunch.

If only I can scam away to get to work for free. Cycling is a little bit too far and would involve dangerous routes and initial expense.

I plan to live as cheap as possible next year. no holidays, no guitars, pay some bills. I need to build up cash for my big year of 2019.
    By not drinking 3 nights a week I'm saving around £60 per week. Added to the £175 saving on cigarettes, that's a total of £12,240 per year.

Fúcking hell, can that be right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    By not drinking 3 nights a week I'm saving around £60 per week. Added to the £175 saving on cigarettes, that's a total of £12,240 per year.

Well when I stopped smoking proper a while back I used to buy a packet a day before stopping. I never seemed to be any better off.

Think of what you could do with that 12k Sir C. You'd be saving so much you can start drinking and smoking again.

Must have saved a couple of grand a month by giving up the sniff?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I'm starting to envisage Sir C's evenings these days and it's making me a bit sad.

scrooge12_lg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm starting to envisage Sir C's evenings these days and it's making me a bit sad.

scrooge12_lg.jpg
    He dresses up as Alastair Sim - that would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    True enough; probably more like £700 a month, I reckon. That's another £8,400 a year. I'm rich, rich I tell you!

True enough; probably more like £700 a month, I reckon. That's another £8,400 a year. I'm rich, rich I tell you!
    That's how I am trying to look at things.
    Instead of if I could make an extra '£20 here' look at it the otherway and reduce £20 from my spending.

Lightweight!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

bring my own lunch.

Given up on lottery tickets and going to try and stop smoking....again