Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: Hmmm. Hard to know where to start with the irony of The Guardian publishing a piece

  1. #1

    Hmmm. Hard to know where to start with the irony of The Guardian publishing a piece

    whining about discussion of the issues being shut down in the wake of a mass killing. :snakehead:

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ng-gun-control

    This from the home of such classic apologist articles as 'Don't look back in anger', 'We must carry on as normal', 'It's the victims of the forthcoming anti-muslim backlash we should really be worrying about' and, of course 'Very sad, but we basically deserve it because Iraq/Afghanistan/Israel/Empire/Thatcher (delete as appropriate)'.

    Jaw-dropping hypocrisy.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    whining about discussion of the issues being shut down in the wake of a mass killing. :snakehead:

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ng-gun-control

    This from the home of such classic apologist articles as 'Don't look back in anger', 'We must carry on as normal', 'It's the victims of the forthcoming anti-muslim backlash we should really be worrying about' and, of course 'Very sad, but we basically deserve it because Iraq/Afghanistan/Israel/Empire/Thatcher (delete as appropriate)'.

    Jaw-dropping hypocrisy.
    Its a house with many rooms, b. There is staggering idiocy on all sides when it comes to gun control.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its a house with many rooms, b. There is staggering idiocy on all sides when it comes to gun control.
    It's a house full of ****s is what it is, p.

    The really staggering idiocy on gun control in America is to imagine it's still possible. That horse has not merely bolted, it f˙cked off decades ago and lived a long, happy and fulfilling new life before eventually dying at a ripe old age.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's a house full of ****s is what it is, p.

    The really staggering idiocy on gun control in America is to imagine it's still possible. That horse has not merely bolted, it f˙cked off decades ago and lived a long, happy and fulfilling new life before eventually dying at a ripe old age.
    Yes and no. Yes if you are looking to ensure that nobody owns a gun. There are plenty of other restrictions one could consider to try and minimise the impact. For instance, at a stroke you could remove the right to carry a concealed weapon, or indeed to carry any weapon. By all means have a gun but leave it at home.

    You can also restrict the guns people buy.

    I always find it rather funny when the gun lobby say that making something illegal doesnt stop people doing it. What a logic that is!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    whining about discussion of the issues being shut down in the wake of a mass killing. :snakehead:

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ng-gun-control

    This from the home of such classic apologist articles as 'Don't look back in anger', 'We must carry on as normal', 'It's the victims of the forthcoming anti-muslim backlash we should really be worrying about' and, of course 'Very sad, but we basically deserve it because Iraq/Afghanistan/Israel/Empire/Thatcher (delete as appropriate)'.

    Jaw-dropping hypocrisy.
    Surely the elephant in the room here is Switzerland, where every **** and his dog owns a rifle but few are moved to use them to mow down a bunch of innocent schmoes.

    The answer is, clearly, that the problem isn't the guns, it's the mental f˙cker pulling the trigger, so as long as these mental septics stick to taking out other septics, the problem is self-resolving. No more septics, no more massacres.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Surely the elephant in the room here is Switzerland, where every **** and his dog owns a rifle but few are moved to use them to mow down a bunch of innocent schmoes.

    The answer is, clearly, that the problem isn't the guns, it's the mental f˙cker pulling the trigger, so as long as these mental septics stick to taking out other septics, the problem is self-resolving. No more septics, no more massacres.
    A nation born of violence, Sir C, conceived at the barrel of a shotgun.

    Look at how they have collectively defined the notion of freedom. Weirdos.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes and no. Yes if you are looking to ensure that nobody owns a gun. There are plenty of other restrictions one could consider to try and minimise the impact. For instance, at a stroke you could remove the right to carry a concealed weapon, or indeed to carry any weapon. By all means have a gun but leave it at home.

    You can also restrict the guns people buy.

    I always find it rather funny when the gun lobby say that making something illegal doesnt stop people doing it. What a logic that is!
    Yes, but what do you do about all the guns that are going to continue to be in people's hands? Because if you think people will simply hand them back (assuming you can get past the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution - which you can't) you're wrong.

    You then have the prospect of a country absolutely packed with illegal guns and a large part of the otherwise law-abiding population criminalised overnight.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    A nation born of violence, Sir C, conceived at the barrel of a shotgun.

    Look at how they have collectively defined the notion of freedom. Weirdos.
    Look, if this look were a part of my nation's history, you wouldn't ever see me without a stetson and a six gun. I mean, it's cool, man.

    clint.jpg

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but what do you do about all the guns that are going to continue to be in people's hands? Because if you think people will simply hand them back (assuming you can get past the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution - which you can't) you're wrong.

    You then have the prospect of a country absolutely packed with illegal guns and a large part of the otherwise law-abiding population criminalised overnight.
    You cant take the guns but you can make it illegal to carry them.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You cant take the guns but you can make it illegal to carry them.
    First 9 months of 2017:
    -11,572 gun deaths
    -23,365 gun injuries
    -271 mass shootings (more than four victims)
    -1,508 unintentional shootings
    -2,971 kids/teens shot

    The country that believes it has the moral right to rule the world.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •