Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ben Stokes fight video....

The Ben Stokes fight video....

Clearly had too much to drink but still dropped the lad...knocked him out cold too o:

Surely won't go to Australia now...they will crucify him for this.

Braitwaite in the World Cup was 1 thing...anyone with half a brain cell could sympathise with the lad but the Aussies will be merciless...it could break him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Clearly had too much to drink but still dropped the lad...knocked him out cold too o:

Braitwaite in the World Cup was 1 thing...anyone with half a brain cell could sympathise with the lad but the Aussies will be merciless...it could break him.
    I would have thought having a criminal record would be an advantage over there
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Having seen that now, I wouldn't think a custodial sentence is out of the question. Surely that is GBH and given the number of times he could have walked away, I'm unconvinced the self-defense argument will go anywhere.

Shame, quite like watching him as a cricketer but I suspect we might not see him playing for England for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Having seen that now, I wouldn't think a custodial sentence is out of the question. Surely that is GBH and given the number of times he could have walked away, I'm unconvinced the self-defense argument will go anywhere.

Shame, quite like watching him as a cricketer but I suspect we might not see him playing for England for some time.
    Yes. If it had just been him protecting his mate who was attacked, fair enough, but he did rather go after the chap for some time.

Still, it's the sort of thing no-one would have known about or bothered about a few years back. Bloody CCTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. If it had just been him protecting his mate who was attacked, fair enough, but he did rather go after the chap for some time.

Still, it's the sort of thing no-one would have known about or bothered about a few years back. Bloody CCTV.
    Aren't the English cricket bods pretty up tight about this sort of thing? I mean, if the FA can set behavioural standards surely the chaps at Lords will be all over this?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Well I’m sure we can all agree that the ECB have a lot on their plate at the moment. Perhaps it would be wise to wait until after The Ashes to start a disciplinary hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well I’m sure we can all agree that the ECB have a lot on their plate at the moment. Perhaps it would be wise to wait until after The Ashes to start a disciplinary hearing.
    They will wait until after the likely court case.... they can't do anything before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    They will wait until after the likely court case.... they can't do anything before that happens.
    I think we need to appeal to the better nature of the people that were being punched. Hopefully they're cricket fans and decide not to press charges as they'd be to the detriment of the English cricket team.

I think we need to appeal to the better nature of the people that were being punched. Hopefully they're cricket fans and decide not to press charges as they'd be to the detriment of the English cricket team.
    They might not have a choice if the police deem it serious enough

Highly unlikely Dickie .. the fella will doubtless smell a very large chunk of compensation.