Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate wednesdays... nothing ever good happened on a wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I've no idea. Polls still suggest corbyn has a credibility problem, despite the whole "cult of corbyn" business, I personally think he has very little to do with labour's resurgence and it would have come whoever was leader.

Populists are characterised by charisma and force of personality and he has none.
    There is the theory that his very lack of discernible personality allows people to project whatever they want onto him. This whole 'he cares' stuff is bizarre, though. This is a man who nurtures anti-semites, supports terrorists and baldly refuses to condemn a Venezuelan president who is currently murdering his own people while being condemned by Amnesty and the UN. But despite all this, you get the same old guff about him 'caring' coming out.

It's all bloody odd, I must say. A madness seems to have descended on politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There is the theory that his very lack of discernible personality allows people to project whatever they want onto him. This whole 'he cares' stuff is bizarre, though. This is a man who nurtures anti-semites, supports terrorists and baldly refuses to condemn a Venezuelan president who is currently murdering his own people while being condemned by Amnesty and the UN. But despite all this, you get the same old guff about him 'caring' coming out.

It's all bloody odd, I must say. A madness seems to have descended on politics.
    I still think the theory that they peaked in the last GE is credible and something to cling on to.

But the big fear for me is Labour's ability to mobilise non-voters, which simply can't be matched by the Tories. However, I've seen analysis that suggests the seats in which those votes are up for grabs are not in the areas of the country that are any use to them if they want to win an election.

But given the Tories can't mobilise non-voters, that leaves them with the task of persuading swing voters and traditional Tory voters who didn't turn out last time because a) they voted remain and couldn't endorse a so-called hard brexit, or b) wanted to punish May for her hubris, to return to the fold.

There's some hope of success in both categories and that could help them across the line again, I reckon.
    Last edited by Monty92; 09-27-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Here's one for you: which stations on the same line are a/ furthest apart and b/ closest to one another?
    Epping to Ruislip central and covent garden to leicester square on the piccadilly line..

Quote Originally Posted by Fash View Post
    Epping to Ruislip central and covent garden to leicester square on the piccadilly line..
    That's interesting. I've got Chesham and Chalfont and Latimer on the Metropolitan line, which are 6.3km apart.

I'm starting to doubt your tube powers. Are you really Fash?

Quote Originally Posted by Fash View Post
    that's right.......
    Whatttttttt!!!

Still, they are clearly superior to either Mondays or Tuesdays, no? You should see the sights I see of a Monday, F. People really get themselves into some pickles over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I still think the theory that they peaked in the last GE is credible and something to cling on to.

But the big fear for me is Labour's ability to mobilise non-voters, which simply can't be matched by the Tories. However, I've seen analysis that suggests the seats in which those votes are up for grabs are not in the areas of the country that are any use to them if they want to win an election.

But given the Tories can't mobilise non-voters, that leaves them with the task of persuading swing voters and traditional Tory voters who didn't turn out last time because a) they voted remain and couldn't endorse a so-called hard brexit, or b) wanted to punish May for her hubris, to return to the fold.

There's some hope of success in both categories and that could help them across the line again, I reckon.
    You'd think that people who voted Remain because they didn't want a shock to the economy would surely struggle to vote again for a man who has to war-game a run on the pound if he wins a general election, can they?

There are things that happened last time that I simply can not ever see happening again, though. Labour won Kensington & Chelsea, ffs!

That's interesting. I've got Chesham and Chalfont and Latimer on the Metropolitan line, which are 6.3km apart.

Are you calculating this by the distance of the tube line (essentially as the crow flies) or Google mapping the distance between stations?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Whatttttttt!!!

Still, they are clearly superior to either Mondays or Tuesdays, no? You should see the sights I see of a Monday, F. People really get themselves into some pickles over the weekend.
    I imagine they also get pickles into themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Are you calculating this by the distance of the tube line (essentially as the crow flies) or Google mapping the distance between stations?

The actual length of the track.

you are correct but in fash style i did not read your question properly and thought it was from end of line to the other end..

you hate me raelly dont you? :sadface: