Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate wednesdays... nothing ever good happened on a wednesday.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Well Fridays are no good either - I'm stuck with the kids all weekend too.

I really do hope they start happening earlier in the week
    I'd go for Tuesdays. I usually feel quite nihilistic on a Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The last one was a Friday, wasn't it? The tube won. And I think the Bataclan and London Bridge were Fridays as well.
    But apart from all the ones that are on other days, Thursday is the most popular
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

The last one was a Friday, wasn't it? The tube won. And I think the Bataclan and London Bridge were Fridays as well.
    I expect that in both your analysis and Monty’s analysis the answer lies in the simple fact that the terrorist is clearing the decks as such before the weekend which itself brings more mundane tasks such as the big shop, kids football, cutting the grass maybe or taking the car to be washed.

To have to put a few hours aside for attempted mass murder could and would only cause grief with the Mrs.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I expect that in both your analysis and Monty’s analysis the answer lies in the simple fact that the terrorist is clearing the decks as such before the weekend which itself brings more mundane tasks such as the big shop, kids football, cutting the grass maybe or taking the car to be washed.

To have to put a few hours aside for attempted mass murder could and would only cause grief with the Mrs.
    It's a fair point. But if you then have to go on the run over the weekend, many train lines run a limited service on a Sunday due to engineering works, which could put a nasty dent in one's ability to escape the forces of kuffar oppression.

I've no idea. Polls still suggest corbyn has a credibility problem, despite the whole "cult of corbyn" business, I personally think he has very little to do with labour's resurgence and it would have come whoever was leader.

Populists are characterised by charisma and force of personality and he has none.

Yes. One of those phrases you have to build a joke around rather than it being the joke itself. Still...

I'm starting to think that the Labour party is doing the worst possible thing for its electoral chances by acting as though it's actually got a serious chance of winning the next election.

I think plenty of people last time were prepared to vote for Corbyn on the basis that he wasn't actually going to become PM. I suspect him and his party saying he is will put an awful lot of people off.

I've no idea. Polls still suggest corbyn has a credibility problem, despite the whole "cult of corbyn" business, I personally think he has very little to do with labour's resurgence and it would have come whoever was leader.

Populists are characterised by charisma and force of personality and he has none.
    There is the theory that his very lack of discernible personality allows people to project whatever they want onto him. This whole 'he cares' stuff is bizarre, though. This is a man who nurtures anti-semites, supports terrorists and baldly refuses to condemn a Venezuelan president who is currently murdering his own people while being condemned by Amnesty and the UN. But despite all this, you get the same old guff about him 'caring' coming out.

It's all bloody odd, I must say. A madness seems to have descended on politics.

There is the theory that his very lack of discernible personality allows people to project whatever they want onto him. This whole 'he cares' stuff is bizarre, though. This is a man who nurtures anti-semites, supports terrorists and baldly refuses to condemn a Venezuelan president who is currently murdering his own people while being condemned by Amnesty and the UN. But despite all this, you get the same old guff about him 'caring' coming out.

It's all bloody odd, I must say. A madness seems to have descended on politics.
    I still think the theory that they peaked in the last GE is credible and something to cling on to.

But the big fear for me is Labour's ability to mobilise non-voters, which simply can't be matched by the Tories. However, I've seen analysis that suggests the seats in which those votes are up for grabs are not in the areas of the country that are any use to them if they want to win an election.

But given the Tories can't mobilise non-voters, that leaves them with the task of persuading swing voters and traditional Tory voters who didn't turn out last time because a) they voted remain and couldn't endorse a so-called hard brexit, or b) wanted to punish May for her hubris, to return to the fold.

There's some hope of success in both categories and that could help them across the line again, I reckon.
    Last edited by Monty92; 09-27-2017 at 02:24 PM.

I still think the theory that they peaked in the last GE is credible and something to cling on to.

But the big fear for me is Labour's ability to mobilise non-voters, which simply can't be matched by the Tories. However, I've seen analysis that suggests the seats in which those votes are up for grabs are not in the areas of the country that are any use to them if they want to win an election.

But given the Tories can't mobilise non-voters, that leaves them with the task of persuading swing voters and traditional Tory voters who didn't turn out last time because a) they voted remain and couldn't endorse a so-called hard brexit, or b) wanted to punish May for her hubris, to return to the fold.

There's some hope of success in both categories and that could help them across the line again, I reckon.
    You'd think that people who voted Remain because they didn't want a shock to the economy would surely struggle to vote again for a man who has to war-game a run on the pound if he wins a general election, can they?

There are things that happened last time that I simply can not ever see happening again, though. Labour won Kensington & Chelsea, ffs!

You'd think that people who voted Remain because they didn't want a shock to the economy would surely struggle to vote again for a man who has to war-game a run on the pound if he wins a general election, can they?

There are things that happened last time that I simply can not ever see happening again, though. Labour won Kensington & Chelsea, ffs!
    True. It's fair to assume most Tory remainers voted remain out of pragmatic concern for the economy whereas Labour remainers did so because they'd been indoctrinated into believing voting to leave was racist. This is also reason for hope.

On the other hand, Grenfell has been an absolute gift from the heavens for Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Fash View Post
    that's right.......
    Whatttttttt!!!

Still, they are clearly superior to either Mondays or Tuesdays, no? You should see the sights I see of a Monday, F. People really get themselves into some pickles over the weekend.