Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone confirm if it's true that Il Bacio has closed down?

Can anyone confirm if it's true that Il Bacio has closed down?

Everything changes. I hate change. I mean, it was shíte after the Poles took over, but still.

Used to get in there for 12 on a matchday. A Bloody Mary for the hangover, a bottle of Montepulciano and a pizza and in the Woodbine for 1. Good timez.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Everything changes. I hate change. I mean, it was shíte after the Poles took over, but still.

Used to get in there for 12 on a matchday. A Bloody Mary for the hangover, a bottle of Montepulciano and a pizza and in the Woodbine for 1. Good timez.
    Those were the days
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I went once, interrupted beers mostly

Yes it has

but I think it changed hands at least once before the closure.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
    but I think it changed hands at least once before the closure.
    Changed hands after the Poles? It was the Poles who ruined it.

Maybe it will re-open as a new, properly authentic Tuscan enoteca. For the Islington luvvie market.

I can remember at least one or two occasions pretty much going straight there from a night out. Ferrari pizza and a couple of Peronis just to ease you into a day of drinking. Shame we bothered with the football really

I think it has been closed for some time

Whole of last season certainly, and possibly the one before.

No idea - but I did start to avoid going there as it was not the same standard.

Nice little place just a few doors down mind!

Changed hands after the Poles? It was the Poles who ruined it.

Maybe it will re-open as a new, properly authentic Tuscan enoteca. For the Islington luvvie market.
    I hate pretendy Italian restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I hate pretendy Italian restaurants.
    I always find Italian food a little, well, bland tbh.

I find most things need smothering in crushed chillies to come up to any sort of standard.

Il Bacio? meh! imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I always find Italian food a little, well, bland tbh.

I find most things need smothering in crushed chillies to come up to any sort of standard.

Il Bacio? meh! imo
    It's trickier in Italy as you won't find any salt or pepper on the table.