Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon out MONTY!!! We want to talk football with you

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The two players we signed started on the bench at Liverpool, a game which was similar in some ways to the 8-2, except we got nowhere near the 2.
    Was the 8-2 the first of this little irregular series?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am not sure there are actually. Certainly not clubs of our size. Even if there were, it doesn't really add much to the debate does it?

Anyway, I think my point was that we probably shouldn't be getting so upset about this type of chaos. We should be used to it and it is exactly why so many people want Wenger out. Essentially, I am sort of agreeing with you, in a way.
    Liverpool, Spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Was the 8-2 the first of this little irregular series?
    Yes. Since then, we've always had the 'might get absolutely gang-raped' club in our bag, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am not sure there are actually. Certainly not clubs of our size. Even if there were, it doesn't really add much to the debate does it?

Anyway, I think my point was that we probably shouldn't be getting so upset about this type of chaos. We should be used to it and it is exactly why so many people want Wenger out. Essentially, I am sort of agreeing with you, in a way.
    Aston Villa? Everton? How about clubs who were undoubtedly as big as us? Sheffield Wednesday? Leeds? Huddersfield?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Why the world is in such a mess.
    We'll have a bit less of the anti-catholic hate speech from you, young r. We get enough of that from a.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There speaks a good Catholic boy!
    Just a human being acknowledging that we are all capable of failure

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Liverpool, Spurs?
    Spurs to some extent although they have currently solved the problem. It may well reappear.

Liverpool have come far closer than us to winning the league over the last 10 years. Not consistently good but rather silly to say that nothing had changed. It changed constantly.

Of course there are other ways to **** up, nobody is denying it. I think a few of us would even be happy to fail in a different way for a little while, just to make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Aston Villa? Everton? How about clubs who were undoubtedly as big as us? Sheffield Wednesday? Leeds? Huddersfield?
    It would take quite a mind to argue that nothing had changed at Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Shock horror, players just arrived in English football in "starting one of the opening games on the bench" sensation

Please don't make re-key all the stuff I typed on the other thread about team selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Just a human being acknowledging that we are all capable of failure
    I don't think that helps, to be honest. It just gives people the idea that doing the wrong thing is acceptable.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."